free website stats program which one would you buy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

which one would you buy

Congrats on the new ride, but could you do us a favor and turn your 'caps lock' off. :s That is considered yelling. (It's also a bit hard to read).

LOL, thats how Glider named me, my Dell key board locked on and well you know the rest of the story:p

I have a 2010 FB but if I was you I would go with the 2011.

It does have a new wiring and computer setup. There are less fuses and relays. There is also a tach included where the odometer is. You can choose between them with a thumb switch.

I also like the fact that they went back to the FB emblem instead of the decal.

R.BING, the emission is not the exaust, but a evap canistor, bcm, new throttle body, and electronics, made up my mind im going to buy a 2010 and paint it like the 2011, done thank to all :)

R.BING, the emission is not the exaust, but a evap canistor, bcm, new throttle body, and electronics, made up my mind im going to buy a 2010 and paint it like the 2011, done thank to all :)

Evaporative canister is on California(CA) and HD International(HD-I) models only. The 2010 has this canister for CA and HD-I models they are just relocated to make room for the ABS requirements. The throttle body uses plugs to cap fittings on non CA and HD-I models. The BCM is for the new electronics which seem to have pros and cons.

I thought that they might have put catalytic converters in the head pipes like the Touring models but I haven't got conformation if that is the case.

There are less fuses and relays.

Exactly! The body control module now has auto sensing circuits that "detect" when the circuit in question is drawing too much current and shuts down. It suppose to reset when the load is lifted and the BCM is re-cycled.

Awesome in theory when it works. Awesome in theory when it breaks while under Warranty.
Just not too Awesome when your warranty is up! That $3 "fuse" is going to cost hundreds I am sure.

I would have to give it a year or two for the smoke to clear. I PROMISE you that there will be a bunch of engineering changes during 2011 & 2012. And that's just fine,, I am happy the MoCo is doing it. I just don't want any part of it for a couple of years. Let them iron out the bugs..

The dealerships can't fix Vibration and Noise problems that you can see and feel.
What do you think their gonna do when these Babies roll in with intermittent issues? Electron flow is invisible. :)

Exactly! The body control module now has auto sensing circuits that "detect" when the circuit in question is drawing too much current and shuts down. It suppose to reset when the load is lifted and the BCM is re-cycled.

Awesome in theory when it works. Awesome in theory when it breaks while under Warranty.
Just not too Awesome when your warranty is up! That $3 "fuse" is going to cost hundreds I am sure.

I would have to give it a year or two for the smoke to clear. I PROMISE you that there will be a bunch of engineering changes during 2011 & 2012. And that's just fine,, I am happy the MoCo is doing it. I just don't want any part of it for a couple of years. Let them iron out the bugs..

The dealerships can't fix Vibration and Noise problems that you can see and feel.
What do you think their gonna do when these Babies roll in with intermittent issues? Electron flow is invisible. :)

Bcm, we are riding bikes not cars what is the MOCO thinking of, they need to fix the motor and tranny issues first IMO

belive it or not harley is hurting financialy, and the epa is hitting them hard also, and we suffer, the whole bike is made in several different contries, the metal is tiwain, the electrics are mexico, all we do is put them together here, :bigsmiley15:

Back