free website stats program which one would you buy | Harley Davidson Forums

which one would you buy

I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON A 2011 FATBOY, TRADEING IN MY 06 FATTY, BUT AFTER DOING ALOT OF RESEARCH THIS IS WHAT I FOUND, ILL KEEP IT SHORT, 2011 HAS A BCM, MODULE, THAT RUNS ALL ASSCEORIES, AND HORN,STARTER, ETC, BIKE HAS A EVAP CANISTOR, AND SOME CHANGES TO ENGINE. ALSO FIRST YEAR OF THESE CHANGES, BUT BIKE LOOKS AWSOME AND HAS GREAT WARRANTEE, OR 2010 MODEL WHICH IS SAME AS LAST 5 OR 6 YEARS MAYBE MORE, BUT BIKE INSNT AS NICE LOOKING IN MY OPINION, SO I WOULD MOST LIKELY BE PAINTING FENDER AND TANK, IM TRYING TO UPGRADE TO 6 SPEED AND 200 REAR TIRE, :newsmile040:

Congrats on the new ride, but could you do us a favor and turn your 'caps lock' off. :s That is considered yelling. (It's also a bit hard to read).

I think you already answered your own question - go w/the 2011 & enjoy the added enhancements. Either way - also look at the cost comparison (how much/difference for each yr/bike). Great decision to have...good luck!

I did not think there was any difference with the 2010 and 2011?
they both have the 200 tire.

if the 2010 is new off the floor, you can make a great deal, not to much to play with the 2011. Also your warranty would start at the same time for either

but based on your avatar...you already made up your mind

Softail Models > which one would you buy

Sorry for the cap thing, the 2011 and the 2010 look the same, but 2011 is loaded with emissions, both come standard with 200 tire, and 6 sppeed trans, i think im going with 2010, no bcm, and 10 times less emissions, ill paint the tank and fender, or buy 2011 tins, (question was what would you guys do):D

Also forgot to mention, all the sales persons tell you the bikes are the same, and the 2011 has a few more extras in the dash section, tach, clock, they leave out the epa stuff, ....

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the choice, I think it would be the 2010. Based on the 2011 dealer info page that Hoople linked in another post (thanks Hoop), I would give HD at least a year to work out the first year 'bugs' in the new electronics. That opinion is from a (ahem) "mature" rider/owner that's having trouble keeping up with the advancement of electronics. In my perfect world, electronics would consist of a red wire and a black wire.

As Breeze said, only add a blue wire and be worried about a big explosion if I chose the wrong one...(and I am really into electronics!). :newsmile040:

Ride them both and see which one you like better. I do have to agree that the 2011 looks better. I like the new paint scheme on the 2011.

I don't know if I would worry about the new electronics or motor changes. Each model year seems to have its own set of problems. I like the right side main bearing retainer.

As far as emissions on the exhaust goes, I would be changing the pipes anyway to the V&H Big Radius 2-1 or something else so that wouldn't be a problem either. I would not leave the exhaust stock nor would I just use slip-ons. The shotgun exhaust routes the rear exhaust too high and really gets your leg hot.

I don't know if this muddies the waters for you but JMHO,
Randall

Back