free website stats program Which motorcycle lift? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which motorcycle lift?

Go with the J&S. You spend a bit more but you will have the most stable jack made unless you decide on the Pit bull which costs more. Customer Service is tops and their video is fact. Actually took me a while to actually believe it myself.

I swear by my J&S jack. I bought the jack, oil drain pan and t-handle that they offer. It seemed pricey at first, but I use the jack in my garage after every ride to turn my bike around 180*. It saves a lot of hassle. The stability under my Road King allows me to work with confidence.

After a couple of oil changes and engine modifications, it has more than paid for itself (saving me some dealer costs).

The customer service at J&S is first rate. I did have to replace the bottle jack due to a leak and a new one was sent out promptly with no problems.

With the lifetime warranty on the frame, this will be the last bike lift you will have to buy.

Just my experience.

Everything the tunacan wrote covered what I was going to write. Two items not mentioned is that no tiedown straps are needed to secure the bike when lifting it not do you have to build/buy any adapters so that the lift arms of the jack do not damage the oil pan as many other jack require for some H-D models.

I store my FXDL on it during the Winter. It is very easy (and stable) enough so that I can move the bike when I need to to get into the corner of my garage where the bike is kept while stored.

Go to the J&S jack website and watch the videos hey have of their jack in use. You will be very impressed. It is not trick photography!

For quality, usability and customer service, the J&S cannot be beat. It's well worth the additional cost

i bought the sears craftsman lift , it's always worked good for me . but now i"m starting to look at drive on lifts :newsmile093: but a good one can cost some $$$$$

i bought the sears craftsman lift , it's always worked good for me . but now i"m starting to look at drive on lifts :newsmile093: but a good one can cost some $$$$$

The two listed in the top ads (of this thread) are only $350 and $550 unless you don't like them that's not a bad deal. Oops now their gone. Well they will come back sometimes or you can search the forum for them.

Hi All,
I started the original thread on this and thought I would give a follow-up of what I did and what happened. I purchased the Harley lift and the adapter for the Dyna. The lift is very sturdy and very well built. No plastic stuff! The main drawback I had with it was the wheels. All steel and very small and made it hard to get around. This next part is my opinion from my experience with the adapter and I am in no way starting the bashing game. The adapters are made out of plastic and rubber. Hard plastic of some mixture I'm sure. Didn't quite strike me as being sturdy enough or stable enough to hold up the 700 lb bike (just my opinion). Problem was, the adapters did not fit my bike correctly and the bike was very wobbly. I called HD and the woman was very "short" with me and told me it was not her problem but to take it to the dealer. I politely said okay and hung up. I took it to the dealer and I explained the problem to him and he called HD and talked to some guy for a very long time and was told that this fit all Dynas that it said it would and that was the end of the story with HD. We did some measuring on some different Dynas in the showroom and found out there is a difference on the undercarriage where the "adapters" go and that's why it wouldn't fit. Dynas from1999 to 2006 were alike and the 2007 on up are different. HD said the was no difference, but there is and that's why mine wouldn't work. If you have any personal questions, please PM me or send me an email and I will explain in more detail the difference. Long story made short, I was able to return my lift to HD dealer and I ordered a J&S Lift. The difference in these lifts is amazing. J&S needs no adapters, rolls around on the garage floor like you could waltz with it, and is extremely sturdy and stable without any straps. I ordered on the phone and it only took 2 days to get here. In my opinion, the J&S is an excellent product and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality lift. Thanks for listening and thanks for all your suggestions and comments.

Another happy J&S jack owner...thanks to this forum. Funny story about HD jack...my Mother-in-Law knew I wanted m/c jack for XMas (back in 2009) so she took it upon herself to get one from HD. Needless to say & I was suprised + shocked, but had to disappoint her b/c my bike was already elevated on J&S jack my wife got me for XMas. Needless to say, the HD jack went back, but I kept the free gift (pewter wall hanging)...;) For awhile there - I had two jacks & didn't care for how the HD one "cranked" like a trailer hitch...way too slow.

Last edited:
Yep. I am amazed the Moco still sells those orange rubber blocks. They are a flat-out safety hazard to use. At least they were on the '09 frame I tried them on.

Yea if I had known you were not going with the J&S, I would have told you the HD Lift blocks were not great. I quit really replying on Dyna options for other jacks since everyone seems to want to shell out $35x bucks for the J&S.

Back