free website stats program which exhaust to get??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

which exhaust to get???

The outcome is...K&N HD-8834 High Flow filter and the V&H Fuelpak. Should be here Thur. just in time to install before our night ride up to the Sierras for a weekend M/M event. Rode in a H/A event last weekend and she ran great, but still need more air and fuel especially when she's cold. One of my ridemates has a '99 Sporty and he can't wait to get rid of his SE pipes and install the V&H HS. Let ya know how it goes next week when we get back.

Thanx for the info GLIDER.

You'll notice a bit of a difference with the K&N and the fuel pac over stock.
Glad to have been of help.

Last edited:
No, the cover has a rubber gasket about 3" in dia. mounted to the casing. The oil is sealed there. Found out when I removed the old cover and the oil leaked a little once I removed the cover. I wondered about that because there was no gasket around the outer bolt pattern but I knew it was in there. Had to have my wife tip the bike as I changed it out. Looks good though. It was the piece in the collection I needed, so I now wait to see if they make any new "Flame Collection" pieces for the Newer Sportys.

AAAAWSOOOME!!! Installed the V&H Fuelpack and the K&N high flow a few hours ago. Started up first crank, took a ride up to Scotts Valley to see my buddy and pick up some things for our ride to Sonora tomorrow. Ran like a dragster! I am extremely happy with my decision.

GLIDER...Do you have an idea how I can get explanations of what the codes mean. I would like to be able to "fine tune" to my own needs.

Thanx!

2007 Nightster
V&H HS slip-ons
V&H Fuelpack
K&N High flow pn.HD-8834

Hi All, I have a question, After installing Rinehart slip ons is there any recalibration needed ? (riding a 2007 FLHX)
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Many say it is not necessary with the 02 sensors. Keep in mind that the 02 sensors only work to richen things up in the cruise range and not at the bottom or top end, they are also narrow band so they have their limits also. IMHO your bike will run a LOT better with some fuel management like a TFI or similar unit. Then you can add the low restriction K&N intake and make the package complete and it will run much better than stock.

These 07 bikes run VERY lean and even adding the mufflers ,makes it a bit leaner too.

Even if you are only doing the mufflers, the TFI will make it run much better. It is a plug and play unit that you can install yourself if you have just basic tools and knowledge about bikes.

The dealer download will work too but that is also lean to begin with because of EPA. There are a lot of bikes with the dealer download in them. Lean is hot and not the best performance.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

Last edited:
There are 33 codes that are entered into the computer depending on the type of pipes installed on the bike. A cross reference is in the instructions but no explanation of what they do except the throttle %, (0-99).

Back