free website stats program Which Dyna for my wife? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Dyna for my wife?

Nice that is the way I got mine. Less than 10, if that helps any with the negotiations. Typically I have seen them posted on Craigslist and ebay for over 10, but selling around 10, even with extras. Mine already had a stage 1, bunch of black out work done...I figure about 2K worth of work.

I finalized the deal!:bigsmiley40:

It will need to be sent by freight (too far to ride back home this time of year) and it will arrive next weekend. 2006 Cobalt Blue Street Bob. Here is the extra stuff I got. Combo tach and Speedo (replaces the regular speedometer), Mustang seat (and original seat), quick release back rest with chrome sport rack (easily converts from 2 up to 1 up), 180 rear tire option, stage 1 and Rhinehart slip ons, Mother well rack, factory alarm, skull collection on grips and foot pegs, forward foot controls, chubby mini ape hangers, bullet headlamp, Progressive rear shocks, screaming eagle front supspension springs, black powdered on lower forks and triple tees and air cleaner cover, chrome covers for sprocket and swing arm and belt guard, and a smoked windshield. Has 5000 miles on it. And all for just 9K.:D

The wife should enjoy this bike a lot!

Yeah, the seller did me right! The stuff listed above isn't all of it either. There is other stuff like HD black billet mirrors, black hand control levers, smoked signal lens, chrome voltage regulator cover, and billet aluminum air cleaner cover with 88 medallion (that alone is like $250) and it is black powder coated too. I'm finding more stuff every time I look at the pictures.

The combo tach/speedo is really cool. I was thinking I would have to add a tach, but not now. I can't believe that thing is listed at $500!!!:newsmile071:
Well, I guess I can, since it is a Harley accessory!

Thanks.

I arranged the shipping through uship.com. Have any of you ever used it? It's pretty cool, you submit your information about where the item is and where it needs to go and then people bid on shipping your item. You select from the bids you get. You can ask questions to the shippers and they have feedback information on the shippers so you know how reliable they are. The guy I selected from the bids has moved many bikes and has an enclosed van. I found it was cheaper to have him deliver it then what it would cost me to go out to pick it up.

Hey is it the HD Combo Tach? Or another brand? I love the HD one, want it on my bike, but it says it does not fit the 06.

Anyway, congrats on the bike, she should love it. Love that Blue!

Hey is it the HD Combo Tach? Or another brand? I love the HD one, want it on my bike, but it says it does not fit the 06.

Anyway, congrats on the bike, she should love it. Love that Blue!

Yes it is a HD Combo Speedometer/Tach. It is in the 2009 accessories catalog on page 633. Item C looks just like the one in the picture of the bike I bought. In the catalog is says it is for '07-'08 models. It must also fit a 2006 or the guy that is selling the bike to me made a mistake and sold me a 2007.:newsmile070:

I don't think that happened so when I actully get the bike I will confirm that it does fit a 2006.

Did all the Dyna models change in 2006? How much of an issue is the pre-2006 vs. 2006 and later models?

I have a 2000 Dyna with a carb and the 88 bought it in May. Lovely bike lots of power no head aches. All I need is a new batterie I am giving it to my wife next May and I will buy a street glide or a Road King. She is 5 3 and 115 lbs she now rides an S40 boulevard.

I finalized the deal!:bigsmiley40:

It will need to be sent by freight (too far to ride back home this time of year) and it will arrive next weekend. 2006 Cobalt Blue Street Bob. Here is the extra stuff I got. Combo tach and Speedo (replaces the regular speedometer), Mustang seat (and original seat), quick release back rest with chrome sport rack (easily converts from 2 up to 1 up), 180 rear tire option, stage 1 and Rhinehart slip ons, Mother well rack, factory alarm, skull collection on grips and foot pegs, forward foot controls, chubby mini ape hangers, bullet headlamp, Progressive rear shocks, screaming eagle front supspension springs, black powdered on lower forks and triple tees and air cleaner cover, chrome covers for sprocket and swing arm and belt guard, and a smoked windshield. Has 5000 miles on it. And all for just 9K.:D

The wife should enjoy this bike a lot!
Absolute steal! Enjoy.

Back