free website stats program Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going?

I never really worry about anyone taking it. Most people dont mess with biker's things and other biker's generaly respect each other's stuff enough to leave it alone. So I leave mine on my sissy bar.

I have the ISO grips with the helmet lock. Here's a site that shows it.

http://www.bikesax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HL6247&Category_Code=SEC-HLM

I just hang the helmet there & most of the time I will put my gloves & glasses in the helmet. When I park the bike at work, I just throw everything in the work truck. Not that I don't trust the guys I work with, but why leave it in the sun all day when I don't have to? I like the set up, it's quick & easy and it will keep an honest person honest. :D If someone wants it bad enough, they will get it :(

I do sometimes just leave the helmet on the handlebars for quick trips, but with the lock I don't have to worry about the helmet falling off the bike. Or if I'm just running into a quick stop type place, I sometimes just where the helmet, it would take longer to take it off & put it on than I plan on staying.

I didn't know it was a problem mine hangs on the front brake lever along with my gloves and glasses:ap:57:

I didn't know it was a problem mine hangs on the front brake lever along with my gloves and glasses:ap:57:

Some places I go are in areas I would never feel comfortable doing that. I wish everywhere I went allowed me to trust people like that, but that's not the case for me! :bigsmiley15:

Anyone who really wants my stinking, ratty old junkyard helmet is welcome to it (unless I catch them, and then they're in for a hurtin') For those concerned, an inexpensive small cable lock, the kind with the retractable thin cable, fits right in your jacket pocket and will deter any but the most determined thief, plus some have resettable combination locks on them.

If I feel it's safe, I'll just fasten the chin strap and hang it on the handlebar. If I want to lock it, I've got a cable-style gun lock that fits through the D-ring that I can use to lock it onto the bike. The lock seems like cheap insurance; many gun shops and police departments will give them away or only charge a couple dollars for them.

If I feel it's safe, I'll just fasten the chin strap and hang it on the handlebar. If I want to lock it, I've got a cable-style gun lock that fits through the D-ring that I can use to lock it onto the bike. The lock seems like cheap insurance; many gun shops and police departments will give them away or only charge a couple dollars for them.

How did I not think of that?!?!!? I have tons of those things laying around from all the pistols I've bought! That'll work great. Thanks!

Back