free website stats program Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where do you put your helmet when you get where you're going?

On the Ultra, I lock it in the tour pak. If I'm in a friendly place on the FXR, I hang it off the right highway peg - a little less obvious than the handlebar. If I'm just running into a convenience store, I keep the helmet and glasses on. When the clerk looks at me strangely, I just say "What?"

Hey Jammr, I like it!!! "What!" :newsmile100:

We Have Universal Helmet Locks That Go On The Crash Bar (engine Guard). Although If You Have The Kurakyn Grips They Have A Helmet Lock That Will Go On The End Of The Grips Also. Half , 3/4, Or Full Face Helmets Will Fit On The Universal Locks. Can Also Hang To Half Helmets On One Lock If Needed.

I myself put the helmet on the right handlebar and the riding glasses go in it. I hate putting it there because the helmet tends to smack into the gas tank when you go to grab it, or when you sit on the bike. I did notice at the rally this weekend that some guys were putting a cloth on the ground and laying the helmet on the cloth and some guys had thier helmets on the floorboards.

I guess it depends on where your at. I never worry about anyone taking anything off my bike here or anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line It's a HARLEY dude. Except when I go to Penna. Philly, Chester county, Berks County I take the truck.

Depends..... If just stopping for a bit to eat or drink, I put in over my Garmin Zumo 550 to hide it so no knows it's there. My GPS is mounted in the center of my handle bars and the helmet sits neatly right over the top and the GPS keeps the helmet from falling off. The Garman is hard wired to my ignition and comes on when I start the bike. When traveling I quick disconnect the GPS and take it along with the helmet with me to the room. We have been to Daytona many times and last year to the HOG national rally in Knoxville and never had any problem leaving the GPS and helmet with the bike during the day. I feel that when I am around other Harley riders I could put a $100 bill on my seat and I believe it would be there when I returned. When I am out alone and the only bike around I am more careful and sometime take both with me.
:bigsmiley12:

Back