free website stats program When to switch to synthetic? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

When to switch to synthetic?

Does this mean you are now looking for an Amsoil salesman Glider? :lolrolling

Actually I use Mobil 1 in the engine but I know where to get Amsoil if I need it.

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with Amsoil oil, in the past it was the spammers that come on the forum thinking they can just move in and sell their product to every member on the forum.

The Tank handles Amsoil and doesn't have the same practices as dealers that have come on the forum in the past.

The selling practices of past Amsoil dealers/jobbers is what I was against and I've said this before too.

Actually I use Mobil 1 in the engine but I know where to get Amsoil if I need it.

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with Amsoil oil, in the past it was the spammers that come on the forum thinking they can just move in and sell their product to every member on the forum.

The Tank handles Amsoil and doesn't have the same practices as dealers that have come on the forum in the past.

The selling practices of past Amsoil dealers/jobbers is what I was against and I've said this before too.

Just pokin at da boss.... NO POOF plz!! eeek!

My Ultra has 7000 miles on it now, at 10,000 Id like to switch the primary and crankcase and tranny to synthectic. My questions is that to many miles to switch or what? Ive read alot of people switched when it was brandnew, but I assume it wont hurt any thing to switch at 10,000 miles?

I did a similar switch to synthetics (not the primary) on my half owner E-Glide trike at 50,000. No problem. As Glider says, good choices. Best regards.
Ishmael

Just did my 10k service on my 04 Heritage and switched to all synthetics ( I know Glider, I know!)

Just FYI I went with Mobil 1 V-Twin in the engine
Redline W/ Shockproof (heavy) in the trans
and Redline Primary in the primary.

Easy maintenance to do, took me a couple of hours with interruptions and beverages.

I swear by Amsoil, it's done a nice job in my bike.....I use it in the crankcase and the primary, and I use Bel Ray in the tranny....so far, so good.

Good luck!

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to put my choice down in this thread, I've been running Rotella T6 in my primary. Diesel trucks use that oil and not only can it take all kinds of abuse, it's Jaso MA rated for wet clutch applications. You can see the clutch dust suspended in the oil when you drain it. Oh, and I drain it with my engine oil...it's a powder keg in there.

oldhippie

I'm one of the "naysayers" that say not to use a synthetic in the primary and 16K is just broken in. When using a synthetic oil in the primary, the problem arises when some serious miles are put on the clutch pack. When a dino oil use would show a lot more useful miles, the synthetic will tend to slip.:s

I have to support the use of synthetics in all three holes. Not sure what you mean by "serious miles", but my '07 Ultra has had synthetic in all three holes since I acquired it at 4800 miles. It now has a little over 94k on the clock. Does that qualify as serious miles? ...and no clutch issues so far. :)

Back