free website stats program Wheel Weights on FLHX | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel Weights on FLHX

It's better than than the first/last tire I bought and had mounted at the dealer where I bought my bike. they mounted the weights on the side of the rim next to the tire instead of on an inner surface where centrifical force would help keep them in place.

It's better than than the first/last tire I bought and had mounted at the dealer where I bought my bike. they mounted the weights on the side of the rim next to the tire instead of on an inner surface where centrifical force would help keep them in place.

That's deffinately not good.
:small3d031:

The only problem I see is the way it looks, should function fine. But if it were me I'd ditch the tape weights and use Dyna Beads, they give a far superior balance that lasts through tire wear, unlike a tape weight that is only good for the condition of the tire when they are applied.

To the member that suggested staying away from Dyna Beads I would say that there is some other issue than the Dyna Beads. I have been using Dyna Beads for almost 5 years now and never had a single issue, and when I opened my shop 3 yrs ago I didnt bother with a tire balancer, and balance exclusively with Dyna Beads, not one single return or complaint since we have been open.

I had my rear tire changed @ TC HARLEY in MN before riding home from Sturgis, the balance on my wheel is inside and outside(traditional) dynamic balance guess they did not get the memo:s

Back