free website stats program what's the deal with service bulletins? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

what's the deal with service bulletins?

Glider,
Just a FYI. It appears this link is not up to date. For example, the last service bulliten shown for a Ultra was in 2002. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

This site is probably the only place on the net to find the lastest info. Stay tuned.:D

I found this site has a lot of up to date Service Bulletins harleytechtalk.net

I have printed out the ones for my bike & took them to the dealer & said here is the info you need to make my bike safe & they have done all so far. Had the service guy ask where I found them. Told him on the internet where does he find them? Asked why he wasn't calling me to have them done & just got a look. I only get covered service done by them. Some here have found great dealers so far I haven't found a great one yet? Anyone know of one in Central Florida?

Glider,
Just a FYI. It appears this link is not up to date. For example, the last service bulliten shown for a Ultra was in 2002. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

I checked and found some for 2008 on the FHLX. Most recent was the fuel filter cartridge cracking.

OK now i am catching on. been driving me nutty trying to find . S/B on net......:small3d031:

Found out from my local dealer in Canada that service bulletins issued in the states can't be honoured until Deely, Canada issue's that same bulletins. I copied the one for the front tire on the 09 touring bikes and gave it to the dealer. They changed the tire at my expence and told me to keep the tire and they would deal with it if and when Deely Canada recieved the bulletin. Funny how a line accross some road changes whether a tire is defective or not.

Found out from my local dealer in Canada that service bulletins issued in the states can't be honoured until Deely, Canada issue's that same bulletins. I copied the one for the front tire on the 09 touring bikes and gave it to the dealer. They changed the tire at my expence and told me to keep the tire and they would deal with it if and when Deely Canada recieved the bulletin. Funny how a line accross some road changes whether a tire is defective or not.

Contact the MOCO customer service. The dealers are all subject to the service bulletins from the parent company. It sounds like they are giving the old runaround.

Customer Service - Harley Davidson Community

how about a "service bulletin's" page in the self-help section?
sure would be convenient for members to check there every once in a while to see if anyone has found something others ought to see.
just a thought ...

Back