free website stats program what's the deal with service bulletins? | Harley Davidson Forums

what's the deal with service bulletins?

found this on another site.

and while on the subject, i don't suppose there's any web site where one can check on service bulletins for their bike. is there? :unsure
i searched this site but didn't find much on the subject.

Make : H-D Model : TOURING Year : 2009
Manufacturer : HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
Service Bulletin Number : M-1233 Date of Bulletin : OCT 20, 2008
NHTSA Item Number : 10028305
Component : EQUIPMENT:OTHER:OWNERS/SERVICE/OTHER MANUAL
Summary :
HARLEY DAVIDSON: A CHANGE TO THE FINAL TORQUE OF THE FORK CAP (PART NUMBER 45419-80) AND FOR TUBE PLUG (PART NUMBER 45838-77). THE NEW TORQUE FOR BOTH PARTS IS 60-70 FT LBS (81.3-94.9NM). *PE

Glider might have some insight to this, the dealers keep this pretty quiet most of the time unless it is a DOT recall. The local shop here in Jax. Fl. didnt have a clue about the service bulletin on my Dyna until I printed it and showed it to them, suddenly they knew all the right answers imagine that Good Luck

Service bulletins are available to ALL delaers through HD Net and SHOULD be checked regularly by the dealers. They often get lax about it until they are confronted with a problem and then look on the net for the answers. Any good dealer would have a tech check them on a regular basis to familiarize them with anything new coming out.

The Key here is any good tech .. course if dealers are like where i work you get the bulletins 6 months later after they come out

Glider,
Just a FYI. It appears this link is not up to date. For example, the last service bulliten shown for a Ultra was in 2002. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

You're not going to find an up to date listing for harleys on the net. This is considered proprietary information and available to dealers only through HD Net.

As Glider says, unless mandated by NHTSA or other safety related issue, mum is the word...look what Ford did with the Firestones issues...comes around once every 10 years or so...!

Back