free website stats program What's the best way to tell the wife? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the best way to tell the wife?

I am pretty sure you will know your wife better than anyone else here so you will know best how to deal with your dilemma without causing too much hurt to either your self or your wife

Brian

I have had similar situations but I came to a different solution. I like long distance touring but my wife just can't do long days on a motorcycle. I usually have my wife fly out to some nice destination on my route and then spend a few days riding together. Then I continue on my trip and she flies home. This may be a good compromise in your situation. But if she really won't enjoy herself going to motorcycle oriented activities or riding with you then honesty is usually the best policy.

Here's another plan:

Tell her you really appreciate that she is willing to do this for you. And to show your appreciation, you are going to take her on a weekend that SHE would like to do. Then for your B'day, you are gonna gather up some of your buds and ride to see the Museum because you know she would not really enjoy that, but that is what you have your heart set on. This should be win-win.

TQ

:D It is all about compromising IMO, T Q has some VERY good advice here

If she reads HDtalking Forum your problem will be solved but you may be going on that trip and more alone.

As others have said honesty is the best way to go! But I'll go a step further and say that if you are going to ask for an extended trip with the guys do something great for her before you go on the trip or even talk about the trip! I learned that by simply couqering a big honey do list with her and spend time together doing it I can really impress my wife......it lets her know I'll do things she likes for no better reason than to make her happy.......then when I go away with the guys I'm not spending the time thinking about her not being happy and I can truly enjoy my trip. Some guys may disagree with me here and say I'm whipped but I truly love my wife and I enjoy making her happy!

I think if you surprise your wife with doing some things she likes before you even talk about not wanting to fly to WI you'll have a better understanding!

im usually out of town 8 to 10 weeks through out the yr hunting ,fishing,golfing
or going some where to ride and have always had the support of my wife in what ever i do.i think every relationship is different but honesty in my book i#1.when were together were a team whether it be cooking,cleaning,working in the yard or either of our families. has worked great for me and she also like to ride some too which make it even better.if you ask me i say COMPROMISE you will have plenty of time to do the guy thing.good luck ever how you choose to handle this and i think in the back of your mind you already know whats right.

Get a window seat and enjoy the flight!!! Seriously, she sounds like a good woman to do this museum trip for you, so maybe it's your turn to pony up and give in, I'm sure you guys will work it out...the drama of it all...LOL!!

Back