free website stats program What's the best way to tell the wife? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's the best way to tell the wife?

I can tell you this Adamal47. My Wife had planned a trip to the AMA museum for Indian's 100 anniversary and the bike was not a option. I understand your trip is a bit different though. But we took the car had a fabulous weekend and actually the bike would have been a hindrance..

I understand completely, not ridding there does seem wrong, but what the heck, once you are there, you can't ride through the museum anyway.

I have the same problem with my wife not ridding, it was her idea for me to get the bike, but she is not interested at all(probably because she has seen me ride), but when we are out for a ride in the car and we pass a Harley dealer, she always asks me if I want to stop.

This is just my view on the situation, based on my experience. She will be doing something for you that she does not really want to do (motorcycle museum). You will be doing something for her that you don't want to do (plane ride). Sometime during the trip, one of you will fall off your best behavior and say something wrong. That's when the fight begins, and the trip will turn into a less than pleasant memory.
I don't know you or your wife, just me and every woman I've ever known.:56:

I feel your pain. My wife is from a non motorcycle family. Probably the way to keep things right is to bite the bullet and hop on the plane. If you and your wife usually talk things like this over, take her to dinner and lay out both plans. Who knows she may want you to ride with your buddies and she can fly in and do a little shopping and spend some time with you there. My story has a pretty good ending, my wife decided to take the motorcycle safety course and now she owns two trikes. It seems to me that the trip she is planning will not make either of you very happy, both of you are going to end up doing something that you don't really enjoy.

Would it help if you rented a Harley when you got there?

I have a similar idea...

Talk it over with her first. During the conversation introduce the idea of a compromise. Ship the bike ahead of you and ride it back home. The Missus flys home.

If the idea is not well received, stay with the original plan! Just make sure you do something for her to keep things in balance, what ever the plan is!

Make sure you let us know the out come. You can't ask a question like this and leave us hanging!

Take pictures too! Post them here!

Cheers!

Here's another plan:

Tell her you really appreciate that she is willing to do this for you. And to show your appreciation, you are going to take her on a weekend that SHE would like to do. Then for your B'day, you are gonna gather up some of your buds and ride to see the Museum because you know she would not really enjoy that, but that is what you have your heart set on. This should be win-win.

TQ

TWO sides to every story..

I think IF it is the way You presented it Here....

She is being Very SELFISH...

How often do you cave-in or do what She Wants?
How often does She do your wants?

I'd ask her to read over these post and see what she thinks

My wife and I have been together 38 years and we have Never Demanded our way or the highway.. Close at times but TALK it out.

A passion you dearly Love and Love her at the same time will Work IF both parties TRY to satisfy each others Wants....

My wife goes to Baseball spring training and I RIDE the bike. I do take an interest in baseball and she Does ride with me on the Harley.. BUT I LIVE to Ride and she Lives Baseball.. We compromise on this Issue.

Yes TANK, she will be there again Shortly.. 3 weeks of BLISS..:rofl

I watched/listened to all the Harley problems my mother and dad had. :newsmile047:

A 1951 Beautiful pan-head sitting in a garage Because of my Mother's Running the Show and HE allowed that... Both DEAD and gone now so WHAT did that accomplish ??????

TWO unhappy Fighting people.:small3d023:

Not in MY (our) lifetime please.

Nothing is perfect in Most relationships But trying to make it that way is Possible.. We call it GIVE and TAKE...

I do have to admit there is NO wearing of pants in our relationship but I Do Have the final word. BUT, I can't think of a time it was actually needed.

ALSO,"Yes Dear" every time has never been, By either of us.

Good Luck... Life is SHORT and getting Shorter every day...

FREEDOM:newsmile017:

signed....BUBBIE

Back