free website stats program Whats in your toolkit? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats in your toolkit?

I got this one. I also added a few things to it as well. I have never used it yet.
http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Zone-Win...id=1459199988&sr=8-2&keywords=harley+tool+kit
Mongo, I bought exactly the same toolkit from the 'States about seven years ago. Carry it with me whenever I ride any bike. Never had to use it until Good Friday just gone.
My CBX just stopped about 2 klms from home .No battery power! Battery was good, all fuses in the panel were solid.
Looked further and discovered no main fuse, but a Fusible Link. It was intact, however BOTH the line and load side terminals were very loose.

Quick nip up with my Windzone Philips head and mobile again.

It is (IMHO) the most diverse mobile tool kit that I could find. I keep it in on of my saddle bags.
I think it was a wise investment.

Thanks for the awesome ideas guys, I got a little put off by a PM/warning from a mod for something I didn't care about my kids saying and wasn't going to come back but these are great ideas and I really appreciate all of them.

About carrying tools to help others, yeah, I am used to that for sure. I used to follow the Grateful Dead around the country in a micro-bus with an extra engine and tranny on top of my Westfalia and all of my tools inside. I never had to use it myself but I ended up pulling over to help other Dead Heads on more than a few occasions and even loaned one dude my spare rebuilt engine till we got to the next show where I was able to repair his and swap them out before the show. In between tours I rebuilt my engines and tie-dyed some product to make it through the next season.

Good lookin out, bro. I try to help anyone I can at every given opportunity. In the late 70's I pulled over to help a guy in a broke down Rolls and gave him a ride to the closest garage then to a hotel so he could arrange his situation. He climbed in the back of the bus with a group of patchoulli stinkin chicks (I probably cannot write the other smells that were in that bus here) ended up coming to the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall in Kansas City with us for the show. He had such a good time he got us a couple of hotel rooms for some much needed showers before we headed out to Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis if I remember correctly.

I see that a lot of you guys put your buck knives in your toolkits. I always have mine on my side and I've never been menaced or harassed...but it probably isn't a bad idea to carry an extra. I guess now-a-days it isn't unheard of for the heat to give people flak for it in some places either.
Wow Far Out Man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the picture in this link. These take up the space in between the ridges in the bottom of your saddlebags. They hold a surprising amount of stuff. I carry the Harley tool kit (the old one that had real wrenches), a cheap VOM, flashlight, spark plugs, headlight bulb, some misc. fasteners, tie wraps, power acc. cord for charging phone etc. There's probably more but that all I can think of now.

Innovative Storage Solutions, Harley Davidson Luggage, Motorcycle Luggage, Saddlebag Liner, Motorcycle Tool Kit, Motorcycle Luggage, Harley Davidson Saddle Bag, motorcycle,pouches,bagger,saddlebag,tour pack,touring,tool kit,luggage
My brother has those. They are good quality and as described fit very well in the recesses in the bottom of hard bags. I actually have their saddle bag "liners", again good quality... like how they unzip all the way open like a regular suitcase.

Thank for sharing what some of you are carrying. I to am not sure with the newer bikes how much could be fixed on the side of the road. The tire fix kit seen like a good one.

Back