free website stats program Whats in your toolkit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Whats in your toolkit?

CRCKR

I'm curious what tools y'all carry and how you organize your tools for cross country rides. I'll be doing a ride from Central Florida to New Mexico, up to Seattle, over to Sturgis and back to FLA this year and would like to get some ideas/input. The standards are a given, so extra special items that you have found convenient and your storage/organization is my main question.

I'll be on an 05 FLHTpi

Thanks for any input!

I used to use an old small army type bag for tools and such. Went with these and gained lots-o-room. Pricey but they are nice. At rally they are a bit cheaper.

Innovative Storage Solutions, Harley Davidson Luggage, Motorcycle Luggage, Saddlebag Liner, Motorcycle Tool Kit, Motorcycle Luggage, Harley Davidson Saddle Bag, motorcycle,pouches,bagger,saddlebag,tour pack,touring,tool kit,luggage

Of course you can buy them with tools in them or not. I added my own tools....

Thanks Bodeen,
That doesn't show any good pix, is it one of the ones that strap to your frame behind your forks or does it go into your bags? On a long trip storage space is going to be severely limited (especially with half of the right bag taken up by ABS.)

Thanks Bodeen,
That doesn't show any good pix, is it one of the ones that strap to your frame behind your forks or does it go into your bags? On a long trip storage space is going to be severely limited (especially with half of the right bag taken up by ABS.)

Look at the picture in this link. These take up the space in between the ridges in the bottom of your saddlebags. They hold a surprising amount of stuff. I carry the Harley tool kit (the old one that had real wrenches), a cheap VOM, flashlight, spark plugs, headlight bulb, some misc. fasteners, tie wraps, power acc. cord for charging phone etc. There's probably more but that all I can think of now.

Innovative Storage Solutions, Harley Davidson Luggage, Motorcycle Luggage, Saddlebag Liner, Motorcycle Tool Kit, Motorcycle Luggage, Harley Davidson Saddle Bag, motorcycle,pouches,bagger,saddlebag,tour pack,touring,tool kit,luggage

I have a tool bag on both big twins each have a tool roll that I bought as an empty tool roll I then bought some tools that I thought would be useful at the side of the road some combination spanners, 8" adjustable spanner, pliers with side cutting, multi head screwdriver with magnetic pickup, plug spanner, set of allen keys, set of torx keys, spare spark plugs, selection of nuts bolts and washers, cable ties various sizes and some spare bulbs
Some other bits and pieces that I cant remember
In right side saddlebag some rags and a set of control cables clutch, throttle, idle
In my wallet Automobile association gold card with full relay service when I go to mainland Europe I purchase European cover for the days that I am there

So far have not required the breakdown cover and sometimes if I have a roadside problem I need something I do not have with me but I have always got home on my own

Well to be truthful wee Honda cam chain jumped a tooth or two one time wife did not notice that I was not behind her till she got home but I probably could have pushed that bike the last 9 miles home but car and trailer were a wee bit easier

Brian

Brian brings up a great point. I think my tool kit has been used to help someone else alot more times than I've needed it. That's what its all about in the end......

Last couple times was for a member here...........................:shock

Back