free website stats program What would you consider high miles??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What would you consider high miles???

I bought my '03 in 10/05 with 43.5kmiles on it. I do my own work, so the miles really did not worry me.

But I did not know about the spring-loaded tensioner issue when I bought the bike. If you get a pre-'07, get the cam tensioners checked pretty soon after buying the bike to make sure they do not nuke on ya. My outboard one did!! Have done the roller chain conversion now, so we are pretty close to World Peace!!

TQ
I had 24k miles on my 02 Roadglide when I changed the cams out to gear drives. The tensioners were shot, both inboard and outboard (a little worse) but I have seen bikes with 60k on em and the tensioners are still in pretty good shape. Anybody got an idea what causes some to go away at 20+k miles and some to last 3-4 times that much. I know on my bike, at the time, I ran the HD oil, changed every 2500 miles. I rode the bike almost every day and made several 3 day to 2 week rides across country. It had 80k on it when I traded it in in the spring of 07.

Back