free website stats program What to watch for or avoid? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to watch for or avoid?

Be careful about older models with low miles. A varnished fuel system and dried out seals will cost you significantly to correct.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I bought an '03 Ultra in 2007 for 14k. It had 7500 miles on it, stage 1, and lots of chrome extra's. It was love at first sight. I have 28,000 miles on it and do the normal scheduled maintenance on it I switched to Mobil ! V Twin & Amsoil for the tranny replacing the Syn 3 that was in all three holes as per advice from this forum. The only problem that I have had was a cracked head pipe that was part of the Rhinehart Tru Duals that came with the bike. My bike was laid up for three weeks in prime summer months last year as I waited for the after market replacement to come in. Other than that, it has given me pure joy for 4 years now. There are some great deals out there. Take your time, don't be in a rush and the bike that you have always wanted will be there for you when you decide to buy.

Thanks to all for the information. I have plenty of time to find the right ride. Just want to do my research and avoid known problem areas. The journey (search for the right ride) is part of the experience, that makes the ride that much more enjoyable.

if you are looking at buying the TC-88 motor ask if the cam chain tensioners have been upgraded.

Back