free website stats program What to watch for or avoid? | Harley Davidson Forums

What to watch for or avoid?

Recall

I am looking to pick up a good low mileage Ultra. Are there any particular years I should avoid or try to avoid? Are there any specific issues I should be aware of. Any assistance and insight is greatly appreciated.

My 2008 has been great. I would look for a 2009 or 2010. Much improved on over the 2008.

It would help if you gave us a price range that you are looking to spend.

It would help if you gave us a price range that you are looking to spend.

I am looking to stay in the 10-14K range. That figure give me room to make any needed modifications. The bike will be used for long distance touring. I am planning a FL trip later this year (once the temps drop a bit), a Michigan trip next month and a New England trip if my time and schedule permits.

I am looking to stay in the 10-14K range. That figure give me room to make any needed modifications. The bike will be used for long distance touring. I am planning a FL trip later this year (once the temps drop a bit), a Michigan trip next month and a New England trip if my time and schedule permits.

This price range is going to keep you in the 2000-2004 range with out mods. Not saying it could not happen. To give yourself a better indicater go to Cycle Trader.com fill out search venue and you will see what that money will buy in your area... Best of luck...
Motorcycles - Scooters, Dirt Bikes, Choppers, Sport Bikes, and Other Motorcycles for Sale - Cycle Trader.com

I have been watching eBay, Craig's list, Cycle Trader and Oodle. I remember the early Delphi FI being a pain and early twin can bearing issues. I cannot remember other issues to stay away from or avoid unless I find a smokin' good deal to compensate for the cost to correct the issue.

I would stick with the 09 model year... Why you ask?

The catalytic exhaust is not there, the best frame started in 09.. Big Tyre and many other modifications.
Good ones

The price range top 14,000 might allow a nice find Privately OR even IF the HD shops have them.... Remember that the 2012 models are Nearly out... August.. Then lower prices should be available and Coming to Fall time,,, people get Anxious to sell and take offers they normally would Not... Your market then..

09 for sure..:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Back