free website stats program What Spirit Dwells....... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Spirit Dwells.......

the freedom, the adrenaline, the peace, the ride, the individuality, pick one or all and they will apply to most - why climb a mountain? cause its there.
I ride for me it clears my head and reduces stress levels after work or at last i feel like it does when i get home, if i dont ride i get fidgety.

My bike is like my blood: If I'm not riding, my blood isn't flowing and I get frustrated. :devil

I agree with WildSpirit. It's the wind in your face being out of the cage feeling that I love. Living in NC we've got plenty of back country roads and those are the best to ride on.

I have to agree with every reason given by every poster, at some given time or another.

The feel of the wind, the feel of my wife on the seat behind me, the feeling of freedom, the adrenaline rush from a fast run, the unique smells and temperature differences, the stress relief of a slow putt on windy backroads; all of these have happened to me at different times. Yes, even the "voices in my head". :s

But the bottom line is.......

Because I love it! :yes

I am a soldier, it's what I've been fighting for " Freedom"
The freedom of the open road, green grass, green trees, old farm houses what a way to see America!
Hooah!

Big Lou

Joe, I am still here doing my thing. I will retire this coming June 6 "D Day" that will give me 32 years of active duty. HEMTT ? You drove the HEMTT?? I have the Giant HETTS, HEMETS and all kids of other trans assets in my TASK FORCE now. Cool toys, manny thanks to the TAX payers.

After being deployed as manny times as I have in 32 years and the ugly crap I have seen, yes green trees, green grass, old farm houses and country roads is what I love to see the most when I ride. Flashing college gals are the added bonus:s

My salute goes to you Joe and the others who have served.

Big Lou

Right back at you, Sergeant Major. Yup, I played with the big toys. Had to recover and fix them, so that means I had to test drive them, as well. I hated that part:s Especially when it was a pack in an M-1. Driving those beasts was such a chore. Of course, it's a rare occasion when a guy can get as "excited", shall we say, as when driving one of them or a Bradley, for that matter. I was in the old 5th I.D. at Ft. Polk (loved it there!!) and had an M-816 5-ton wrecker then got moved to a contact team and got a 113. THAT was their mistake. I was hell on tracks with that thing!! Had a HEMTT wrecker in Iraq with the 101st. Them friggin towing attachments are hell on the finners. I was hooking up a PLS on the way up-a day or two after the march up started- and smashed my thumb and pointer fingers. Always be a souvenir, I guess, but unfortunately some of our brothers and sisters got more serious souvenirs. Mine is nothing. I was medivaced to Landstuhl because I got that pneumonia people were dying from and saw some folks there who made me ashamed for letting myself get shipped out. Missing arms, legs, etc. Screaming in the night, heads all bandaged. Major reality check, for sure. Sorry I'm so gabby.
Not being gabby in my book!!! Thank you and others for what you have done for my freedom!!!!!!:ap:hii:rider

Right back at you, Sergeant Major. Yup, I played with the big toys. Had to recover and fix them, so that means I had to test drive them, as well. I hated that part:s Especially when it was a pack in an M-1. Driving those beasts was such a chore. Of course, it's a rare occasion when a guy can get as "excited", shall we say, as when driving one of them or a Bradley, for that matter. I was in the old 5th I.D. at Ft. Polk (loved it there!!) and had an M-816 5-ton wrecker then got moved to a contact team and got a 113. THAT was their mistake. I was hell on tracks with that thing!! Had a HEMTT wrecker in Iraq with the 101st. Them friggin towing attachments are hell on the finners. I was hooking up a PLS on the way up-a day or two after the march up started- and smashed my thumb and pointer fingers. Always be a souvenir, I guess, but unfortunately some of our brothers and sisters got more serious souvenirs. Mine is nothing. I was medivaced to Landstuhl because I got that pneumonia people were dying from and saw some folks there who made me ashamed for letting myself get shipped out. Missing arms, legs, etc. Screaming in the night, heads all bandaged. Major reality check, for sure. Sorry I'm so gabby.

Good to see you are well. I am still here as I mentioned before. I'll be home in December to pick up the new RK and man I can't wait to pull the throdle on the new scoot. Not sure if I mentioned ,but I have in my Task Force a BDE with one BN of 915th and one BN of Super Giant HETTS. The rest are ASVs and miny TANKS!

Big Lou

Our locker roo is in Kuwait, but we all our games in the Iraqi grid iron. Yes I am a Bragg guy. Been there for ever.

Lots of great troopers there, never seen another place with so manny bikers or bike owners. Out in the Carolinas is easy to understand What Spirit Dwells within when you ride, specially when 90% of the bikers are active duty heart breakers and live takers and the rest are civilians or prior military. When you spend so much time being deployed in far away places and see so much ugly, you learn to understand what this thread is about!!

Again, for me is all the green grass, green trees old farm houses and country roads. This is a great country and we have so much to be thankful for. Serenety is well put.... exept my pipes are so darn loud:D

Go to the garage shake the gas tank, kick the tires and go for a scoot; just cause you can!!:s

Big Lou

Back