free website stats program What part of lane do you ride? | Harley Davidson Forums

What part of lane do you ride?

HDSickness

Banned
Thought it might be interesting to see what part of a lane you like to ride and why? I prefer the left half seems safer with more of an out and see chp riding that portion.

I use the whole of the width of the lane most of my roads have a fair number of bends and the road is 2 way traffic and usually once i come round a bend i am setting the bike up for the next bend

Brian

Typically use the whole lane depending upon conditions. I definitely slow down and avoid the very center if a little bit of moisture occurs after a dry spell. It loosens oil and dirt and can become slippery. Ride safely.
Ishmael

I use the whole lane as circumstances dictate. If I'm meeting a long line of cars, I'll ride just right of centre so I can see the last car in the line and hopefully they'll see me.
If I'm at the end of a line, I'll ride just left of centre. Again, so I can see the vehicle behind the lead oncomming vehicle and for them to see my light.

In the curves, I'm using all the lane to set myself up for each curve (inside -outside, and outside - inside).

If I'm getting to the crest of a hill, I'll ride the right of centre. Had a cousin
killed years ago in a headon with a cage on a hill:(. He rode left of centre because of broken pavement but so did the car and it was half in his lane.

I will use the whole lane and on the freeway I will travel the center lane and most of the time I tend to travel the left groove. On back roads I use the entire lane.

I like to ride left side of my lane we have a lot of deer and this just gives me a better chance of seeing them first.

I use the whole lane or lanes depending on the type of road. I try to keep as much distance side-to-side from any other vehicles that I am passing, that are passing me, or that are approaching from the front. I want as much time as possible to react to the stupidity of the cage or truck drivers as I can generate. I have lane intrusion happen to me at least weekly. Idiots!!

TQ

A single lane is divided up into ABC

On a road with mutable lanes.

If I am in the Far right, I ride in position of lane "A".

If I am in the Far Left, I ride in position of Lane "C"

If I am riding between the Right and Left Lanes, I will take position "A".

I want to prevent cars from thinking they have a right to my lane.

Back