What Is Your Line Of Work

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by glider., Oct 6, 2008.

1. dkamp

dkamp Member

Network Engineer for a non profit Hospital.

2. pcwizard

pcwizard Member

Retired after 43yrs of Law Enforcement & local government

3. scottbell01

scottbell01 Member

Diesel mechanic for a "well known" trash company here in the U.S. been doing this for many years...dirty job,but someone has to get it done...LOL!

4. 212Mike

212Mike New Member

I have several lines of work, Primarily, I work as an electrician, installing complex systems (such as the controls for an auto industry assembly line) with computers and sensors. I also do legal research,I've been a union rep, I write industrial histories, and I have edited a series of CDs of industrial/labor history. These days, I usually work on Harleys,trying to understand the diagnostics and ECM.
    Mike Wood

5. 03HD883R

03HD883R Active Member

I'm an IT guy that also does electrical stuff on the side.

6. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

Union millwright local 311 for over 20 years till I broke my neck in 99..Me and my dad opened a BBQ restaurant in 2001 sold it in 2011 have not done much since

7. 03ultra45385

03ultra45385 Active Member

Electrician mostly commercial/industrial, currently Prefab and Tool Manager. Also work with our mechanic on vehicles & equipment. Rebuilt my Ultra;s engine this last winter. Hoping to retire in the next couple of years.

8. bigironjim

bigironjim New Member

I work with "machine Control and Guidance" or... Lasers, sonic, and GPS on earthmoving equipment. Have worked for THE bulldozer dealer, at one capacity or another from '86 to '07 when I stepped into this gig. And I like it!

9. scottbell01

scottbell01 Member

Diesel mechanic for Republic Waste in Michigan,dirty job but someone's gotta do it!

10. Portdawg2u

Portdawg2u Member

Just retire from the Air Force 1 Aug 14 and starting Walmart Monday doing the assistant manager gig.