free website stats program What is it with cagers and their cell phones? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is it with cagers and their cell phones?

I just recently read of a Calif. woman who was texting paying her bills while driving.She rear ended a line of stopped cars who were sitting at a redlight.The car she hit exploded in flames killing the driver.She received 6 years in jail.

I know they have the technology to put a trunk monkey in a cell phone and when it rings the trunk monkey can answer. seriously something needs to be done. 99.999% of the calls is not that important. :wall:small3d023:

Now some new cars will allow you to surf the net while driving. You can surf the internet while driving. :small3d023: Texting is impossible as far as I'm concerned while your driving. Your not paying attention. :small3d023: Now we can post on HD while you'll crusing 70 down the ditch.

I hear of allot of groups (ABATE for example) spend a great deal of time pushing for reform of helmet laws...etc...all worthy causes. However, IMO, maybe we/they, as a group, need to be raising our/their collective voices for outlawing cellphone use while driving. Sit at an intersection and watch how many drivers blow by you yacking on their phone...oblivious to what is going on around them. IMO, they are a loaded gun waiting to go off on us. It is scary.

They outlawed cell phone use while driving here in Ontario,but I am sure that if I watch on my way to work this morning at least 1 in 3 drivers will be using their phones.That said I carry mine for business and I am as guilty as anyone,if it rings while I am driving I answer it.:bigsmiley31:

Yep, when on a bike I think I see 3 out of 5 people on their cell phones, law or no law simply because it is a habit, almost instinctive to bring a ringing phone to your head. Quite honestly as Steve pointed out I have on an occasion or two picked up a ringing cell phone, but normally I ignore it or unclip it and toss it to my passenger (my biker mentality hits me just as my hand twitches when the phone rings not to pick it up most of the time). :bigsmiley4: Learn to ignore that ringing phone while driving and especially when piloting your bike...:bigsmiley33: you can pick it up at the next stop...ride often and ride safe!!!

I'll first say sorry to the ladies, then I'll say, 95% of the drivers I see on cell phones are women. They're multi-taskers, unlike men who have tend to concentrate on one thing at a time, like drive.

They're talkers, so.....

I agree that people shouldn't be able to talk on cell phones or text and all that rot while driving. I don't even answer mine half the time, and check it later to see if any of the calls where important before wasting minutes.

'nuff said.

My old Bike, 1975 FLHP, still has its Siren on and the funnyest thing is just fliping it on for a second and seeing car drivers thro thier cells accross the car, in hot weather with windows open, they often finish up on the street.:bigsmiley12:

My old Bike, 1975 FLHP, still has its Siren on and the funnyest thing is just fliping it on for a second and seeing car drivers thro thier cells accross the car, in hot weather with windows open, they often finish up on the street.:bigsmiley12:

That would be too cool. The image of the phone going out the window had me laughing on a very bad day.
flhr rider :bigsmiley20:

It's against the law in Germany to use your cellphone while driving a car. It's just allowed if you use hands-free speaking system. Both hands have to be at the steering wheel and your eyes on the road..... otherwise you'll get a ticket or if you cause an accident your insurance will not pay!

The newest craze thats real scary is texting while you drive. I thought it was a drunk on I495 one night, doing about 45 and weaving between two lanes- no it was just a young lady holding her phone with both hands with her wrists on the wheel texting away

Back