free website stats program Well .... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Well ....

I'm not positive but I don't think you can operate the GEN 4 without the AFR gauge connected. Besides, then you'd lose the ability to make adjustments when you're away from home due to hills, headwinds, etc.

I suppose if you just hated the way the gauge looks on the handlebars, you could leave it connected but try to tuck it away somewhere out of sight.

Thanks, but according to Dobeck, I need the Gen3, not the Gen4, so I wouldn't get the gauge anyway. I thought the original poster was referring to the Gen3, but was actually a Gen4.

Here is the link to the tool that the OP mentioned. You can buy one or rent one for $20 a week plus shipping. I believe the OP is saying he used this to do his settings on a Gen 3.

I thought he meant he hooked up the gauge permanently on his handlebars and it was really a Gen4. Once again...... I'M SOOOO CONFUSED!!!!! :bigsmiley22:

when asked what state I live in, I reply....... the state of confusion :small3d015:

Mods can I edit past posts? I can't find where to do it.

This whole thread is about the Doebeck Gen 4 and several times I mistakenly referred to is as a Gen 3. I would like to clear this up.

It's confusing for readers - it's my fault - and I would like to correct it.

I took the Dobeck GEN 4 for a second ride today.

I'm still happy. I think my bike has much greater acceleration. It's kinda tough to judge the before vs after (especially without a tach) ... but like I said .... I'm still happy.

Mods can I edit past posts? I can't find where to do it.

This whole thread is about the Doebeck Gen 4 and several times I mistakenly referred to is as a Gen 3. I would like to clear this up.

It's confusing for readers - it's my fault - and I would like to correct it.

Done!

Back