free website stats program Well, never thought it would come to this...... | Harley Davidson Forums

Well, never thought it would come to this......

bluefilhd

I know I don't post here too often mostly because I don't feel that I have a meaningful contribution to make to the conversation. But of course I do post when I CAN contribute. But I do read and check in regularly. Anyway, almost two years ago my girl and I were hit by a red light runner and after a long recovery we are not quite whole but we are well enough to be back to living our lives and that thankfully includes continuing to ride our Softail Deluxe. The bike I had wanted since as long as I can remember. I was a kid still when it was the Nostalgia but I knew I'd have one one day. Well the short story is that this bike, since our accident just doesn't fit us like it used to. We've got aches and pains that (barely) 30-something's shouldn't have. We've decided to get rid of the Deluxe. I am sad to see it go but I'm excited to say that we aren't giving up riding! We're upgrading. We will no longer be a part of the Softail family as great as it is. We are the proud owners of a brand new Road Glide Ultra! After I took one out for the day and we could actually function after being in the saddle for hours, we couldn't deny that this is where we need to be. Bike will be delivered Tuesday and we can't wait. I'll of course be checking in on the Softail section but I will be living a bit more now in the touring section. I appreciate all the advice that has been given when I needed it here for my Deluxe and I appreciate the general knowledge that goes with being a member of this forum no matter where you land in the HD family. Look for pics to follow later in the week. You guys rocks. Ride safe and we'll see each other on the road I hope.

Congrats on the new steed. Of course we need pics or it doesn't exist! :p
We are happy to have you here and You'll have plenty to add to this site in no time.
You know they always say "you'll own a bagger sooner or later".

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles and memories upon it......:s

We appreciate the good words. We're excited but know we'll miss the Deluxe. The Deluxe was paid for and we'd have loved to keep it but at the end of the day, it just wasn't working for us anymore. I guess I could have had worse problems right? Hahahaha........

We appreciate the good words. We're excited but know we'll miss the Deluxe. The Deluxe was paid for and we'd have loved to keep it but at the end of the day, it just wasn't working for us anymore. I guess I could have had worse problems right? Hahahaha........

Best part might be that the distance you can now travel in comfort, and the additional luggage maybe you will start to take more and longer trips....:bigsmiley11:

First, congratulations for having the grit to "get back on". Second, you're going to learn that you wish you had gone to a touring bike sooner. Trust me. I rode sporties, Superglides, Softails and finally a Streetglide. Man, I wish I had gone to the touring bike sooner. Keep us posted on your experiences with the new ride. As as said before, we want pictures..!!!!

Back