free website stats program Weird problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Weird problem

Yep, will get a photo if needed. I don't get off til 7am and ill get back to it. Been thinking about it though. I was wondering if the sprocket cover itself could be putting some pressure on the drive belt or sprocket. I'll report my findings in a couple of hours.

Hey guys, it turned out to be the front sprocket cover. The bottom portion of the front sprocket cover was impinging on the front sprocket itself. I almost dismissed that as a possible cause due to the fact that it was a OEM part. So, the lesson I will take away is that even OEM parts may not fit without adjustment. Thanks for your help guys, I really mean that. The parts counter people at the harley shop were so condescending and (EDIT) I don't think I'll ever go back there barring some emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting back to us with the cause. And remember, the guys at the parts counter look parts up by pictures, then retrieve them from numbered bins. They seldom know much about how things work.

You bet, I used a flat washer as a shim between the cover and the fastener projection. Sorry about the expletive in my last comment. The parts guy just had a smarmy attitude. Thanks again.

Back