free website stats program wearing a watch? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

wearing a watch?

smitty 901 has it right but the hard part is trying to forget the time.
daylight comes to late and night come to soon

I managed to become a minimalist. During my college years and a few year following, I always wore a nice watch, gold bracelet, gold necklace with eagle pendant, gold pinky ring on one hand and a buckle ring on the other and finally, a gold hoop ear ring. Why, am I even admitting to this? Yuck!!!!!

All top drawer stuff to show the world just how important I had become. Once I got married and formed a career (why anyone would give me a job or hire me is another topic), I dropped everything. Even before cell phones became the perminate fixture of everyones' lifes.

I found one of my nice watches just a few months ago. Had the battery replaced and wore it to work one day. Still sitting in the car after I took it off. Just doesn't feel right anymore.

Now I hide my Black Berry when ever I ride. Love to lose that one but, it helps pay the bills so, it's one of the necessary evils.

Same here....I have a little watch collection....nothing too extravagant but a couple really nice ones and a bunch that aren't worth a ton of money but are cool none-the-less. Maybe 3 dozen in all.

I always wear one when we go out for dinner, or a business meeting, that kind of thing, but while riding I rely on the radio clock on the scoot and my cell phone when off the scoot if we stop somewhere. I don't like the interference of the watch with the sleeves of my jacket.

3 dozen sounds like a nice collection. My collection sounds like yours I have a couple watches that are either worth or cost me a pretty penny. The others are good watches that I thought look very cool. I collect watches from the 70's or have that look, a Tag and a Oris are also in this collection. I like the bigger mechanical watches.

I just don't like how the watch gets in the way of my gloves or my jacket.

sounds like when we were kids.....the rule was when the street lights came one you had to be home.....good times man!

That sure brings back memories. The street light rule was in effect when I was growing up in the 50's.

As far as wearing a watch, I don't. My Goldwing and Road Glide both have clocks if I just can't resist knowing the time. When I'm off the bike, I just use my cell phone. At home, there are clocks all over the house.

I don't wear a watch although I own a few. When I ride I use the on board clock and use my mobile phone for time otherwise.

That sure brings back memories. The street light rule was in effect when I was growing up in the 50's.

You better believe it. I can remember running out the door in the morning and Mom hollering behind me, "Make sure you're back by dark." Man, can you imagine letting a kid run loose like that these days?

And yet, are there really more child predators today (percentage wise) then back in the 50's or 60's? I don't know the answer to that.
WAP.gif

Back