free website stats program We got some | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

We got some

I love mowing grass. It is instant gratification. Looks great as soon as you are finished. ;) I mow 8 acres in Ohio and probably 3-4 acres in West Virginia at mom & dads. :) WV would be more, but my parents hate for me to weed eat and my nephew is supposed to do that for them. He lets me down a lot though. :( But not worth arguing with my parents over.

And, lawn mower time is happy time. Ear buds in and no one bothers me. :D

I am already missing daylight and will only get worse till late december cat wants the rain to stop so that he can get to his favorite toilet place dogs want fed gain etc etc

Brian

Whatttt, you miss mowing the grass, try cutting it twice a week, you won't miss it;)

Brian, although I do love your June/July daylight hours...I'm not sure I could survive a Scottish winter!!! It was really weird for me the first few years of going over there to get used to flying our balloon at 8:30/9:30 pm. That is usually our official summer sunset and we are on the ground. Our American winters are hard enough on me with it getting dark so early, I just don't think I could handle only 6 hours of daylight. :O

Brian, although I do love your June/July daylight hours...I'm not sure I could survive a Scottish winter!!! It was really weird for me the first few years of going over there to get used to flying our balloon at 8:30/9:30 pm. That is usually our official summer sunset and we are on the ground. Our American winters are hard enough on me with it getting dark so early, I just don't think I could handle only 6 hours of daylight. :O
By december here it will get light around 9am and dark around 3pm but if it is cloudy then daylight is really like a twilight as the sun is really low in the sky and does not penetrate the clouds too well
However due the warm water brought to us by the north atlantic drift we do not get particularly cold temperatures or a lot of snow we do get a lot of wind and rain
It is what it is but it is home

Brian

By december here it will get light around 9am and dark around 3pm but if it is cloudy then daylight is really like a twilight as the sun is really low in the sky and does not penetrate the clouds too well
However due the warm water brought to us by the north atlantic drift we do not get particularly cold temperatures or a lot of snow we do get a lot of wind and rain
It is what it is but it is home

Brian

I know all about 'home'. Hard to beat. I would love to go spend a year or two in Scotland just to experience it year round. And your temperature's are much more stable overall compared to ours from what I have seen just by watching your weather over the last few years. We have had conversations about the pros & cons of each climate while sitting in the pub after dinner. We may have 2' of snow dumped on us one day and temps in the 50's-60's the next. Then two days later we may be -15*F. So definitely some draw backs. But yeah...the 9-3 daylight hours...geez...:)

I love mowing grass. It is instant gratification. Looks great as soon as you are finished. ;) I mow 8 acres in Ohio and probably 3-4 acres in West Virginia at mom & dads. :) WV would be more, but my parents hate for me to weed eat and my nephew is supposed to do that for them. He lets me down a lot though. :( But not worth arguing with my parents over.

And, lawn mower time is happy time. Ear buds in and no one bothers me. :D

Well I am glad you enjoy it and it's happy time for you, cutting that much you must enjoy it, for me it just seems since I moved south it's a never ending battle between the grass and trees trying to take over and one can never have enough weapons:)

got some buddies in AZ.they got no lawn.Which does sound nice.But livin where you don't want to go out during the daytime cuz of heat doesn't sound much better than 2-3 months hibernation.

got some buddies in AZ.they got no lawn.Which does sound nice.But livin where you don't want to go out during the daytime cuz of heat doesn't sound much
better than 2-3 months hibernation.[/QUOTE
I don’t know, mid 80’s all this week here in AZ. It do get hot in the summer but the trade off is, NO snow and 60 and 70’s in Dec and Jan.

Back