free website stats program Waterfront Property | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Waterfront Property

A few years back we went fishing up at some some of the power generating dams. Lots of water and then we went somewhere with lots of marsh land and I thought that it was good that the guy driving the boat knew the way through the cuts in the marsh cause it would be an awful place to get lost. I live within 1 1/2 hours from 3 of the greatl lakes Erie, Huron, and Ontario and I have never seen as much water as I saw in Manitoba.
kemo

Oldhippie, glad the bike didn't get wet. We were in Nashville during the big flood where they got 13.75 inches of rain in 48 hours. Took two days just to find a road open to get out of town. Good luck with the clean up.

The attached pics are looking out my front door to the hwy, the back door to the patio, the garage entrance door and to my shed. I don't know if you can make it out, but the trash line on the garage shows how high the water got last night. It's come down a couple of inches this morn, but it's still raining off & on.[/QUOTE]

What a difference a day makes..
Kemo, we've had some ridiculously wet summers the last few years. Had to leave Manitoba to get any dry riding in.

jaceddie, thanks. Overall things are looking pretty good. Other than the buffalo board they used on the garage walls, and having to redo the wheel bearings on my small trailer, most things that could've been damaged were off the floor. Anything on the garage floor could be dried off or was going to be thrown away. I just need to check my portable generator that was stored in the shed but I think it'll be OK.

Attachments

• Shed.jpg
    Shed.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 2
  • South Patio.jpg
    South Patio.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 2
  • North from Backstep.jpg
    North from Backstep.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg