free website stats program Water resistance Help. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Water resistance Help.

Our controller does not put off heat to melt plastic so putting it in a plastic bag would be fine, but is not our recommendation.

DO NOT SILICONE THE WIRES. This will void your warranty.

Our suggestion is to not do anything. The controller will be fine.

how about making some extensions for the injector plug ins, this would let us trike riders install the unit in the trunk, out of the way, no water, no heat and you wouldn't have to pull the seat or side covers to make adjustments to the unit ???

how about making some extensions for the injector plug ins, this would let us trike riders install the unit in the trunk, out of the way, no water, no heat and you wouldn't have to pull the seat or side covers to make adjustments to the unit ???

I think you just created another line of TFI's :D

Easily done. How long do you think the extension would have to be? Give us a call and we could make you one up.

I'll check it out today and get a length, I'll either call you or send you a message. I really think putting it in the trunk would be the way to go.
Thanks for responding!
Bruce

I sent Dobeck a pm yesterday about the length of the wireing harness that would be needed to install the tuner in the trunk of a trike, It would also be long enough to install in a tour pack on touring models. You could velcro it to the side wall of the tour pack, it would be out of the way and still be very easy and quick to make adjustments to the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back