free website stats program Was Your VERY First bike a Harley? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Was Your VERY First bike a Harley?

I was thirteen and mine was a Yamaha dirt bike. Now forty years later and when I could afford it a Harley.:D:grose:ap

GS850GZ Suzuki 20 years ago. Learned to ride a road bike on it. Took it to Florida once and flipped it after 2 years of riding. Wish I would have bought a Sporty because it would still be around to this day.

Look if you know you want a harley...get the dyna... you passed the course...just don't get crazy (was once told that if you live through the first six months:26: ...you'll do fine:ap)..

my first...74 Kawasaki 400(brand new) .... 71 Triumph tiger chopper.... 25 years off....86 sportster...04 Heritage Softail....

First bike was a Honda Spirit 750, then a Honda Shadow Sabre. Just got my first Harley, an 08 Street Glide, 3 months ago. There's really no comparison between my Honda and my Harley.

Wife got the Spirit when I got the Sabre, and the Sabre when I got the Harley. She's already got her eyes on my Harley, and has informed me I shouldn't leave it at home alone.

Funny, mine was a Honda 750, gave that one to the wife when I got my HD.

I have my first bike now. It is a 2001 Harley Super glide with a wide glide frontend on it. I grew up riding dirt bikes and fourwheelers so this bike was a great fit for me. It has forward controls and fits me geat. Drew I think it will be a good one for you. I'm 6 foot 230 lbs.

I am currently riding my first bike, a '05 Sportster XL1200C. Debated on getting an 883, but i knew me. I'd have outgrown that bike in the first summer! Glad I went with the 1200, as it is enough bike for me (5' 8" - 120 lbs). Drew, you won't be sorry getting a Harley ---> ever!

I think the only stupid bike for a first one would be any high power crotch rocket, rest are fine well except for mabe a Boss Hoss.

Holy crap! I had never heard of a boss hoss before this... makes any size harley look small... 5700cc, 1100lbs. (dry!!!), 355 horsepower, 8.5 gal gas tank. OK, I'm feelin' better about a Dyna for my first bike :)

Probably 12 or 13 and it was a Hodaka 100cc dirt bike. Scariest bike was a 1970 Kawsaki 500 triple. Most fun bike was a 1974 Husqvarna 250cc MX bike I sold a few years ago. Most tempermental bike was a BSA Victor 441cc that tried to kill me every so often while I repeatedly kick started it in vain. Prettiest bike is my current '08 Electra Glide. Ugliest bike was a ancient Zundapp 350 that I think I just walked away from in a parking lot somewhere, too embarrased to be seen riding it.

Back