free website stats program Was Your VERY First bike a Harley? | Harley Davidson Forums

Was Your VERY First bike a Harley?

Drew

... and if so, in retrospect, do you think it would have been better/wiser/safer to have started on something smaller?

I'd love to hear your experiences.

thanks
Drew

Yes and no

I have rode a bit but had been awhile so the first one i owned was the Harley I dont think much would fit me as well

but i rode others bikes

So yeah the Harley is my first bike

Last edited:
I have now owned 2 Harleys. My very first bike was a '98 softail custom. The bike fit me well and I had no problems hoping on it and handling it with no problems. It was a very fun bike to ride and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Nope:

1)1971 - Benelli 65cc mini bike
2)1979 - Honda CB360
3)1980 - Suzuki GS550
4)1985 - Honda V65 Sabre
5)1987 to 2007 - bikeless
6)2007 - XL1200C Sportster
7)2008 - FLHX Street Glide

I started on something smaller, more maneuverable and way too fast. 75 feet of bouncing, rolling and sliding road rash taught me that respecting the bike and the road is more important than anything else. After a long time without a bike, I chose a lowrider to start over with. It is very maneuverable, and has a low center of gravity. I feel very comfortable riding it and am starting my wife on it this summer.

No, but my last one is.

1 1967 Fox Mini bike
2 1970 Honda trail 90
3 1972 Honda CL 175
4 1973 Honda CL 350
5 1973 Honda CB 500 Four
6 1974 Honda CB 750 Four
7 1975 Suzuki Gt 550
8 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000
9 Yamaha Venture Royal
10 2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

My first bike when i was 14 (43 years ago) was a Harley 45" flathead out of a servi-car that we put on a rigid frame with a Harmen Girder front end. Had a suicide clutch and stick. Only electrical was the morris mag so the lights flickered at idle. I have fond memmories of that death trap and have owned harleys ever since.

First bike was a Honda Spirit 750, then a Honda Shadow Sabre. Just got my first Harley, an 08 Street Glide, 3 months ago. There's really no comparison between my Honda and my Harley.

Wife got the Spirit when I got the Sabre, and the Sabre when I got the Harley. She's already got her eyes on my Harley, and has informed me I shouldn't leave it at home alone.

I learned how to ride on a Suzuki because I couldn't afford a Harley then. After many years of saving, I now ride a Harley. Had a lot of fun on that Suzuki, don't regret starting out on it.

Back