free website stats program warm up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

warm up

Keep in mind unless you are using a Rogue compete oil change set up you will have almost 1 quart of un changed oil in the crank case:s

I have done it before. I used a box fan and placed in front of bike. They are air cooled.

PaPa T

just info. in the summer i use a box fan where i normally park the bike on the rt. side. after 10 min on hi. everything is cool to the touch. great idea if you can do this.

Now you guys are TALKING My Language on the FAN... And to cool it down to work on, I Never gave that any thought BEFORE.. BOTH great suggestions.

Air cooled bikes should NEVER sit and Idle OR rev when NOT enough air is flowing thru the engine fins and the Exhaust Header area... AIR COOLED means AIR COOLED.

Yes I know what some of you are thinking,,, WHAT about stuck in traffic ? YES,,, That happens AND That will help ruin an engine Quickly... Keep it as cool as possible will give a Much Longer Life.

signed....BUBBIE

Well I got the oil changed, I needed to get the syn 3 out that I put in on the 1000 mile fluid change, I put Mobil 1 V-Twin in with spectro in the transmission and formula 1 in the primary, very happy with it now. So that's 2 complete fluid changes in less the 1500 miles, I'm good for a while.

I usually let mine warm up. It just flows out faster-smoother. And the sooner you get it done the sooner you can go ride!

I usually get my oil warmed up before changing it as it flows a lot better and most of the oil is back in the oil tank is the check valve has been leaking
However i have to take care round the hot parts i do remove my front muffler to get better access to the drain pipe and for access to the gearbox drain plug thick gloves help here
If it is raining when i have a planned oil change i wear waterproofs when warming the oil

Brian

My dealer had a set up which I can't remember what they call it but here is what it is . Basically it for the people that have never ridden a bike so they can see what it is like . They put a Fat Boy in it and the front wheel and tire are locked in so the bike stands upright the rear wheel is on a roller like if on a dyno . It has 203 fans blowing on high at the engine so people can sit on it , start it ans shift it threw the gears and it will run for several min. in between riders , they have the same thing at the museum in milwaukee too .

Back