free website stats program Warm-up Time | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warm-up Time

i normaly lett mine get good and warm not because i think you have to wait 5 min i'm waiting for my wife to get her hair how she wants it cause even though you have a helment on you still want what you can see to look good or thats what she says at least!

i normaly lett mine get good and warm not because i think you have to wait 5 min i'm waiting for my wife to get her hair how she wants it cause even though you have a helment on you still want what you can see to look good or thats what she says at least!

Same here, plus add in the time to pick out which of the 3 helmets, 2 jackets, or 3 pairs of boots she's going to wear today!

I usually let mine warm up while I am putting My Gear on, I then push the Choke in Slowly and then She is ready to Ride. About 2-3 Minutes or so will do the Job!

I usually just pull choke out start bike and pull out in a couple of minutes by the time i get to the next light bike is warm. I try not to run bike long as i don't want to be a nuisance to neighbors.

Let mine run with full choke for 30-60 seconds. Give it a little throttle, set the thumb friction screw and push the choke all the way in. Let it warm until the valve covers or nice and toasty. Just always done it this way.

i have an 02 wide glide with 86,500mi and I start it, back out of the car port, put it in gear and cruise gently for about a minute or two then go about my business. If the temp out is above about 45*f just running it nicely for a few is the same as sitting in the driveway because you don't get much above an idle anyway and may be a benefit because you are warming the trans toooooooo----jack

Back