free website stats program Warm Clothes | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warm Clothes

I ride to 50 deg with my leathers, they came from the north and are heaver than what you find in the south. below 50 down to 20 is electric heat time. and you can make your own for $30 30 ft of 30 gauge wire base stiched into your jacket liner and a plug, if you want get a 12 volt dc motor controler to control temp.

For winter riding I have heated gloves and socks. I wear Carhartt's Arctic bibs and layers with my leather jacket, plus 3/4 helmet and face shield.....mmmm toasty.

Thorns

Last time I went to Bass Pro shops I picked up a pair of flannel lined jeans. Now I wish I would have purchased another pair. Those and chaps make a 42 mile ride to work when it is 35 degrees much more comfortable.
Another other item I have that I really like for warmth is my Firstgear Scout leather jacket. It has some kind of pierced aluminized lined that reflects body heat back and lets moisture out. I find that too heavy a shirt with that jacket takes away its effectiveness.

Nobody has mentioned "Hot Hands" or any other of the chemical warmers. Mushers use them in their gloves and they make large ones that you can slip inside your shirt. Cheap at Costco here in Alaska.

I wear layers with a good thick leather jacket and chaps along with a fleece face mask. Good riding down to about 35 deg. Below that , I just "Suck it Up' and keep riding.:D

We ride in temp's down in the low 40's. Buy your wife some under armor, fits tight, expensive but worth every penny. I wear them deer hunting in Canada, they are a life saver. Also check out FIRST CREEK chaps, they are made in the states, thick heavy leather, we love ours. They will make them to fit & great people to deal with.

Back