free website stats program Warm Clothes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Warm Clothes

Stay indoors! :D

Stay indoors, now that is funny but not an option. :D

Thanks to all that responded, sure are some good ideas. Looks like for us down here layers is the way to go.

Maybe in time she will look at getting some chaps. I think they are cool and they not only help keep you warm but offer some protection should you go down.

Thanks again

Mary; I usually go with the cut off black sox (leg part, not foot part), because I find it more adjustable. Roll/fold several times on arm to shim to proper thickness between arm and jacket. A guy once asked me where I got them, and I told him it was a HD motorclothes item. I wasn't gonna admit I wuz wearing sox on my arms!

Stay indoors, now that is funny but not an option. :D

Thanks to all that responded, sure are some good ideas. Looks like for us down here layers is the way to go.

Maybe in time she will look at getting some chaps. I think they are cool and they not only help keep you warm but offer some protection should you go down.

Thanks again

They're equally fun just to wear around the house - wink, wink, nudge, nudge! :s

Ok, now I do love a lady in chaps. :D
The best bet is a pair of overpants, there are several kinds just be sure they are an overpant (there are several models that are not) with a thinsulate liner or equivalent

Having gone thru Texas, they have wide temperature changes and go from desert dry to pouring rain...so layers are the easiest. I wear thermals if I know high altitudes and cold temperatures are forecast, then I layer up long sleeved shirt, leather vest (or Gerbing heated), chaps or pants (zip up sides), 2 sets of gloves (gauntlet & padded perforated ones, good leather jacket w/ zip in lineer and Nylon Rainsuit (Frogtogs or like). Like your motorcycle accessories, you will buy them in stages based on need and expected conditions. You will also try them out BEFORE you do that LONG trip, to ensure it is what you want. Nothing worse than going on a long trip carrying stuff you do not or probably will not use...take that back there are worse things but no need to worry about that...!

I ride in 30 deg. temp with a scarf, snowpants, winter gloves, boots, sweatshirt, and a leather jacket. I can ride forever and not get cold. people look at me funny but I dont care.

the most important thing is to cut the wind and leather is the best performer as it doesn't flap in the wind as bad as light fabrics, also seal up the cuffs so air can't blow in. chaps are easy to get into and out of.

the most important thing is to cut the wind and leather is the best performer as it doesn't flap in the wind as bad as light fabrics, also seal up the cuffs so air can't blow in. chaps are easy to get into and out of.

Sure doesn't hurt, does it Dr. D? :small3d029:

CatWoman

Back