free website stats program Waiting, one more day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Waiting, one more day

C'mon now, DETAILS! Did you get your bike yet? Where are the pictures? How long from initial purchase to riding off the lot?

You might consider using the gift card for storage and maintenance items... cover, battery tender, a case of Lemon Pledge. Not as much fun as performance parts, but, regardless what you add on afterwards, you'll want it to look good and start right up!

I agree with the advice about checking out other's rides. You will hear something you like. With that said, I like the D&D Fatcat 2-1. It has a nice low rumble that comes alive when you jack it up. Might be just the ticket.

Shakey

Funny you posted asking if i have it yet. I am sitting at work, calling my wife on every available number that he has trying to find out if it is on its way. Once i get it i am not sure that i will be on here writing about it right away.

But i promise i will make sure to get some pics up as soon as i can.

And a thanks to all that have responded. I was half looking for a few thoughts and half excited to share my news. No one at work rides, so you guys are more excited for me than the people that i know in the real world. :small3d028:

Buy the goodies for the bike and do your own service. That way it's a win, win situation.:D

Congrats on the new ride.

Yes Sir ee...do your own maintenence and know exactally what has been done. If I can do it...anyone can do it.

I love the Rinehart Slip-ons. They go with the bike along with the stock mufflers to the lucky buyer.

Congratulations on your new wheels.

Many of those exhaust makers have audio samples on their websites or proud owners have put audio & video on youtube. You can hear many live if you go to a biker event like a HOG meeting, a rally, an organized ride or a biker bar.

My used Fat Bob came with Thunderheaders that are about 5 times louder than the stock pipes on my old 1200 Sportster. Thunderheaders add about 10 horsepower to the Harley. Switching to Mobile V-twin & Spectro tranny fluid has made them 3 & 1/2 times louder than the Sporty but I still feel the need to downshift or pull the clutch when I pass the police. I notice that lots more cagers are aware of me on the street than before.

Good Luck!

:s

Congrats on the ride and welcome to the Forum.
I have Screamin' Eagle II pipes which sound great and are not too loud. But that's my opinion - as has been said - pipe selection is very personal and subjective. I've checked out a lot of pipes on YouTube and though you are subject to recording quality and your sound production, it gives you some idea of the brand differences. But best of all, as said again, would be to go to some bike gatherings and have a good listen. HD people will always be happy to talk about their bikes and what they've put on them.

Ride safe and enjoy. :)

1st, I would agree with the pipes over service. :s

2ndly, as said above, which pipes are subjective. I found that "hookers" are deep and throaty 'nuff to sound like a real Harley bike.

I went to several biker events and kept listening to which are the ones I like. Then an old time biker said hookers are the best. I gut'm n luv'm! :small3d028:

BuzzCap7 :D

The number 1 purchase should be a shop manual. then go for the BLING....

Back