free website stats program Waiting, one more day | Harley Davidson Forums

Waiting, one more day

SloppyBear

I have waited now for several weeks, and tomorrow is the day that i finally get my Ride. I am excited, but have one dilema.

I recieved a $1500 gift card, to use for anything i want. I was planning on using it for service, to keep costs down. But, part of me wants new pipes. I am unsure of what kind to get if i go that route.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a set of pipes that will sound good, but not too loud. I do have neighbours that i would like to not make enemies with.

Pipes are very subjective. Go to a couple of bike nights or rides. Listen to some bikes and pick out what you like.

SloppyBear; first things first - congrats on the new BlackLine - that's one sweet look'n bike. Enjoy it & ride safe!

Second, take a look ad HD SE pipes - great product, not too loud & can use gift card @ dealer. Had a set on my 05 XL1200C & loved them.

Buy the goodies for the bike and do your own service. That way it's a win, win situation.:D

Congrats on the new ride.

Like Glider said spend the money on goodies. Maintenance is not that hard to do. As for the pipes, only you can say as to what you prefer. Go to a dealer or swap meet, whatever, and listen to what you like than ask the person what they are. Bet they would be more than willing to talk about their bike.

Thanks everyone, i know that there is a personal level involved in how loud i want the bike.

Does anyone know of any brands that are good as well? I am familiar with some of the names (Vance & Hines, Screaming Eagle, etc.) but am unfamiliar as to whether some are worth the money or not so to speak.

I would say you Vance & Hines are your most common. There's also reinhart, but they are expensive. Go to youtube and type in Harley exhaust. You should get some ideas from that and all the different brands out there.

Check your dealer, they fit pipes and mufflers to some floor models, you can also check sound bites on you tube, like THE BOSS said save your money and do the wrenching yourself, what a great way to get to know your bike and have some fun:s

Back