free website stats program Voltage meter lying to me | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Voltage meter lying to me

So I take it that since I had voltage at the pins. The regulator is no good?

Does your regulator have two plugs on it, each with 2 wires OR does it have 1 big plug with 4 pins in it.

By that I mean does it have 1 plug going to the stator Only and another plug which is Ground and B+.

I know it goes to the ground on the battery. I havnt a clue what B+ is. It has one plug with two male tips in it that plugs into the stator plug. Im at the point. That tomorrow. Ill just go purchase a new stator and regulator. The regulator was replaced by HD last September.I'm disgusted that its bad already The bike has 58000 miles on it. I reused the stator that was on the original engine. But the plug that you insert through the casing was deteriorating and had to silicone it in there to keep the oil from getting by. I have a 113 ultima in there now. I had to use the original primary from the 93 evo for the 113. All I added to this trike recently was a oil temp gauge and Ultra cool oil cooler.

Im at the point. That tomorrow. Ill just go purchase a new stator and regulator.

OK. That should get you going.

Realize that regulators can go bad for lots of reasons. Sure it could have just been a weak one but in a lot of cases other reasons will cause them to cave in. Things like battery condition,,, requirements of current bike amperage load, and loose connections at the regulator will kill a regulator before its time.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

It has one plug only. that plugs into the stator in the casing. Leaving the regulator it has one line or plastic insulator going back to the battery. I guess theres 2 wires in there hooking to the battery. The regulator also has a ground bolted onto it and then to the frame where it mounts. I think this is a single phase. The scoots a 1993 EGC

Diode checks with a DDM will lie to you,they don't "load" a diode the same way the circut does, know anyone who has an old Simpson 260 analog meter?

Back