free website stats program Virgin owner?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Virgin owner??

Being the second, third, or whatever owner never really bothered me. I bought my '99 Ultra used. The first owner took exceptionally good care of her. Most folks that I run into think that the bike is , in fact, new. I have a 1967 Galaxie 500XL convertible that I bought from the original owner about 10 years ago and I have the same feelings about that....but I guess there are some things in life that you have to buy second hand. In the long run, new or used, whatever makes you feel good, it really doesn't matter....

All I can say is I really appreciate the prior owners of my scoots. Every one of them bought them, brought them home from the dealer, parked them in their garage, and threw accessory after accessory at their new bikes. Then, for some reason, they just HAD to have the latest and greatest NEW bike. So, into my life the bike came, dripping with chrome and expensive gadgets and MUCH less than what the original paid (thanks for eating that initial depreciation, buddy!) and FAR less than new, factory stock out of the box with no accessories ride would cost.

You guys keep buying those new scooters and pouring thousands into upgrades...and in a year or two, give me a call...I MAY be ready for a "new" one by then.:rider

All I can say is I really appreciate the prior owners of my scoots. Every one of them bought them, brought them home from the dealer, parked them in their garage, and threw accessory after accessory at their new bikes. Then, for some reason, they just HAD to have the latest and greatest NEW bike. So, into my life the bike came, dripping with chrome and expensive gadgets and MUCH less than what the original paid (thanks for eating that initial depreciation, buddy!) and FAR less than new, factory stock out of the box with no accessories ride would cost.

You guys keep buying those new scooters and pouring thousands into upgrades...and in a year or two, give me a call...I MAY be ready for a "new" one by then.:rider

I have to agree with both sides of the issue. My first bike was used with only 7K on it and lots of add-ons that I took for granted. However, as the bike started getting older and problems started appearing, I wondered how the previous owners (2 in only 7K) had treated the bike. I know my riding style which is easy and slow going.

When I got my new Streetglide, I experienced all the same "new" feelings. It's mine, only mine and I know how I will treat it. However, a "stock" bike doesn't compare with any of the used bikes out there. Dishing out 450$ just to put a luggage rack on the bike is pretty ridiculus. At as everybody knows, that's just the beginning.

However, I do plan to hold to my bike, sorry rider, mine won't be on the market in two years. So bottom line, I tend to side with the "new" bike side.

Bernhard

i know how u feel. i bought my 97 fat boy last year from, my father in law and it was very nice. but i bought a 09 rg in december, and i cant wait to bring her home!! shes mine full of custom touches. god i cant wait for spring !!!:small3d006:

Back