free website stats program Virgin owner?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Virgin owner??

walleye

Contributor
There is something about being the "First and Only Owner" of your ride. I owned new metric bikes, but my first HD was used. Please do not take this wrong as it is in no way intended to be contentious, but I always wanted to be the first owner of my HD. I wanted to be the one to break it in. The only owner of every mile on it. The one that was with it from the beginning. Now that I have done it, I feel more like it is my bike. Like it is only mine. Anyone else understand this? Maybe it is just me, but it means a lot to me. :rider

i love being the one and only owner at least then i know its been abused by me :D

Very True Hobbit! Who else would take a brand new ride and follow Gliders recommendation to set the rings!!!! I bet the dealer thought I lost my mind when I left and rapped it out! LOL!!! But guess what... it runs strong and has not burned a drop of oil in 2500 miles! THANKS GLIDER!:D

When I left the dealer, there was so much blue smoke I had to ask Glider if I blew it. I was afraid I over did it. But turns out it was normal and it has never sent a hint of smoke since. I thought I was way overboard and I am sure the dealer thought I was Nuts! :newsmile100:

Last edited:
I did the Glider method on both bikes I was test riding since I didn't know which one I would be taking home. Let the salesman get way ahead of me and then went through several cycles of this breakin method. I'm sure he wondered what the heck I was doing but he never said a word. Someone out there is riding a well broken in 2008 Road King since I went home with the Street Glide!

It works guys. I've done it on everything with a motor that I bought .Never had a problem with any of them using oil.

I agree, I think there is something about being the first owner. It's your baby you get to customize it to make it your own, it becomes a part of you. It's a proud ride home when you pick up your new Harley! :newsmile093:

As for others riding I have aloowed others to drive mine it a machine not my wife

Smitty,
I was only referring to being the first owner. Me and my riding buds switch rides often as we trust each other. (I do not let just anyone ride it) I had the pleasure of riding my friends new 09 CVO Road Glide the other day. NICE!!! I agree, they are machines.
:D

Back