free website stats program vertically challanged (legs to short) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

vertically challanged (legs to short)

I have an 01 Ultra. I'm 5'7 with inseam of 29". I wanted to avoid lowering the bike so I had thicker heal put on my riding boots ( River Road). That gave me about a 1/4"..then, slip in insoles that raised me another 1/4 inch for a 1/2" total. It really made a big difference . I looked at and sat on the 'reach seat' and didn't care for it enough to buy it. It felt like it would hold me in one position, unable to move much. Although I like the boots I have, I always look for a boot with an even thicker sole and heel. Oh...I also tried buying 'lifts'. They worked but, raised my foot in the boot to the point that , wearing them, caused me tremendous pain at the instep..Even having the boots 'stretched' at that point, didn't help. Those 'lifts' gave me a 1/2" and would have worked great combined with thicker soles

+1 on what Iceman said. Mean City Cycles worked for me too. Put me a little lower and more comfortable at a fraction of the cost of a new seat.

I have a 2009 and after adjustments-mean city-big boots, I bit the bullet and put on a set of flhx shocks, it was better, then I put on the progressive springs for the front end, I also bought but you already have the newer "low" touring seat, now I can wear sneakers, ride suffers a little but I would rather feel secure than cushy....

I am 5'7.5" 30" inseam

Mustang has a lowdown seat to lower you 1 1/2 inches, I saw that same seat thing that lowered the seat a couple inches and can't find it either, its in one of the bike mags.

Combine that with some boots with higher soles or insoles and it makes a huge difference.

Don't lower the suspension

I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and ride a 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. I have the new stock Low seat which does help. While I agree a pair of boots with a thick sole helps I don't want to reach a point that I look ridiculous. Besides I also ride my bike to work with dress shoes so I'm limited on what I can wear. After much indicision on weather to change seats I decided to keep the stock Low seat for now and I invested in a Mustang drivers backrest. My next purchase will be 12 inch Progressive 430's and I think that will make the bike fit me fine.

Contact Fat Baggers Inc. (FBI) they make a drop seat kit.
yhst-81226325006369_2154_367537805

While I agree a pair of boots with a thick sole helps I don't want to reach a point that I look ridiculous. Besides I also ride my bike to work with dress shoes so I'm limited on what I can wear.

You mean there's no room on that Ultra to put your dress shoes and ride with the boots?

:lolrolling

Try a pair of the wifes high heals...not only will you save money, you may find you like it...:D

Back