free website stats program vertically challanged (legs to short) | Harley Davidson Forums

vertically challanged (legs to short)

jprice1948

Account Removed
Traded my 02 Heritage Softail Classic for 2011 Electra Glide Classic now cannot stand flat footed at a stop. Tried reach seat today pushed me to far forward.
anyone have any suggestions to help me touch the ground an 5'9":(

Before you lower the bike try thicker soles and heels. It's a lot cheeper to have your boots worked on and the bike will still handle like it is supposed to.

HDDon's suggestion might sound strange but it worked for me. I had thicker soles and heels put on my boots primarily because of the height of my Goldwing and not my Road Glide. However, it worked for both and now much easier to balance both bikes at stops. You might also try out a Sundowner seat. My perception is that it lowered me slightly without pushing me forward.

Before you lower the bike try thicker soles and heels. It's a lot cheeper to have your boots worked on and the bike will still handle like it is supposed to.

Excellent idea!:bigsmiley12:

PL-00361.1.jpg

I had a Black and White pair of boots like Glider showed. My dog chewed up the White one.

got a pair of harley logger boots 2 inc thick bottem made huge difference in the way i can controll bike . o4 roadking im 5.7 really made big differance

I wish I could remember where I read about it; however, there is a kit out there to lower the stock seat without modifying the ride height of the bike. I think it was in the Iron Butt magazine. I can't recall the manufacturer. I'll check out the magazine this evening when I get home... if it's there, I'll post the name. Seemed like a great way to do it, albeit... $$$$

Back