free website stats program valve noise 2010 street glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

valve noise 2010 street glide

Likely just basic valve noise. My 2011 had a bad head right from factory. Sounded like a bad exhaust leak. First I was told the motor was tight and it needed to be broke in. So they dyno'd it for 50 miles. Then it got worse and I asked them to put new lifters in it which they did. Then it kep up, all the time this was intermittent, then it happened again. The whole time the dealer didnt hear it..then one day when it happened i took it in and drove right into the shop while it was making the noise. After about a day of tear apart and analysis, low and behold we found a bad valve guide. Now motor is fine but dealing with a front end clunk. I'm sure thats probably a 1000 mile check up deal with the triple tree nut. Anyway, this is my second 96 and they're pretty noisy. You'll know it if its broke. Good luck..

Likely just basic valve noise. My 2011 had a bad head right from factory. Sounded like a bad exhaust leak. First I was told the motor was tight and it needed to be broke in. So they dyno'd it for 50 miles. Then it got worse and I asked them to put new lifters in it which they did. Then it kep up, all the time this was intermittent, then it happened again. The whole time the dealer didnt hear it..then one day when it happened i took it in and drove right into the shop while it was making the noise. After about a day of tear apart and analysis, low and behold we found a bad valve guide. Now motor is fine but dealing with a front end clunk. I'm sure thats probably a 1000 mile check up deal with the triple tree nut. Anyway, this is my second 96 and they're pretty noisy. You'll know it if its broke. Good luck..
Thanks you have been a big help

Back