free website stats program V & H True Duals | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V & H True Duals

I'm thinking the header wrap is the problem. Replacing the head pipe with no wrap and see what happens. The wrap kept the break from being obvious. I'm taking the wrap off the other pipe as well. Don't think it helped much with the heat anyway. Thanks for the input, never really thought about the wrap effecting the metallurgy of the pipe but after reading the posts and talking with an engineer riding buddy who builds large boilers I think that was my problem. Let you all know in a few thousand miles if it worked.

I'm thinking the header wrap is the problem. Replacing the head pipe with no wrap and see what happens. The wrap kept the break from being obvious. I'm taking the wrap off the other pipe as well. Don't think it helped much with the heat anyway. Thanks for the input, never really thought about the wrap effecting the metallurgy of the pipe but after reading the posts and talking with an engineer riding buddy who builds large boilers I think that was my problem. Let you all know in a few thousand miles if it worked.

Sounds like a good plan, just make shure to use new clamps and keep everythung properly tightend with all the correct bracketry and you should be O.K. :s

Thanks for the reply. Just looking the stock mufflers look the same so I am thinking I will use them. How do I determine they are ok do use in this application??

Thanks for the reply. Just looking the stock mufflers look the same so I am thinking I will use them. How do I determine they are ok do use in this application??

Shake them, do they rattle? If not try new clamps and seal them with antisieze or RTV Ultra Copper:s

Back