free website stats program V & H True Duals | Harley Davidson Forums

V & H True Duals

bhueftle

I recently installed on my 02 FLHTCUI V & H dressers duals with the Screaming Eagle 65115-98B slip ons. My mileage went to 37 from 42 with the stock head pipes and screaming eagles. Is this typical?

The screaming eagles are too loud for my wife. Will the stock mufflers work with this application?

I am kind of surprised your mileage took a hit.
I recently put the same true duals on my 2004 FLHTCI, which is a 95" with SE 203 cams, TFI, and Wild Pig slash downs with 2.25"baffles.
My mileage seems to be about the same, but the sound has a different beat from the stock head pipes. I very much like it.
My mileage is about 42 to 44 MPG usually.

Rod

If you get it remapped, the gas mileage will return.

Maybe, maybe not depending on what TFI is used and how the bike is ridden, Too much right wrist and poor gas can take its toll, not to mention what RPM the bike is shifted , Way TOO many variables come to play here. One size does not fit all JMO

On my 05RG I'm running V&H True Duel headers and Python 3 slipons. Andrews 26G cams and SE race tuner. I average about 42-45 mpg. Like Jack says the right wrist makes a lot of difference in the mpg.

I have an '05 Ultra Classic with these V & H true duals and have discovered for the second time a broken rear cylinder head pipe. I know this was about lost fuel mileage but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I put the pipes on when I purchased the motorcycle new and discovered the first broken rear pipe at 45k and this last one @ 60k. I use header wrap and the wrap holds everything together. The first was discovered while doing an accident repair ( hit by an suv cutting through traffic, I was rolling about 10 mph in the turn lane) we figured it was caused by the wreck, now 15k later another found while doing the 60k services and replacing both tires. Anyone having this problem?

oldblue
Broken rear pipe?
Can you tell us a bit more about this. Where exactly is it breaking? Is it cracking right around the whole pipe, or ?
Is it possible you are running a little lean and hot?
Is the pipe badly discolored?
It may be that wrapping the pipe is not allowing it to air cool properly, and causing the failures.
I imagine if this was a common problem, V&H would know about it and have a fix.

Rod

I have an '05 Ultra Classic with these V & H true duals and have discovered for the second time a broken rear cylinder head pipe. I know this was about lost fuel mileage but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I put the pipes on when I purchased the motorcycle new and discovered the first broken rear pipe at 45k and this last one @ 60k. I use header wrap and the wrap holds everything together. The first was discovered while doing an accident repair ( hit by an suv cutting through traffic, I was rolling about 10 mph in the turn lane) we figured it was caused by the wreck, now 15k later another found while doing the 60k services and replacing both tires. Anyone having this problem?

Does this set up have the support bracket that bolts on by the starter

Do you use the header wrap to hold it together or were you using it before it cracked? The reason I ask is that the header wrap can cause the pipes to crack others on the forum have had problems with the header wrap contributing to cracking of their exhaust.

I recently installed on my 02 FLHTCUI V & H dressers duals with the Screaming Eagle 65115-98B slip ons. My mileage went to 37 from 42 with the stock head pipes and screaming eagles. Is this typical?

The screaming eagles are too loud for my wife. Will the stock mufflers work with this application?

First the mileage issue, believe it or not when you change these exhausts to free flowing exhaust it can cause the motor to run rich in certain parameters of operation. what happens is the flow of the exhaust can scavenge the unburned fuel from the combustion chamber and will also effect the performance of the engine. If you were to put it on a dyno and track the AFR you would find that it is all over the place. That being said I have a 106" motor with 583 lift cams and a shotgun style exhaust and I 'm getting 40 + mpg. When you start changing Exhausts and things on these bike tuning is crucial.

Now for the muffler issue, as long as the mufflers have the same internal construction they will work fine. Some year models (08) for instance the left and right mufflers are night and day difference on the inside and would not be a good idea to use them. Some other early model mufflers have catalitic converters in one muffler and not the other so do your home work before you change to stock.

long winded I know but hope this helps with your problem. :D

Back