free website stats program UVC Fee? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

UVC Fee?

This has been a practice with may dealers for all products. The bottom line is you have to know the price as you posted before going in to the dealer and question them if their price is higher than it should be.

I always say that they should make the "prep" or make ready for any vehicle come out of their profit and not out of the customers pocket which they will try and if you let them do it...shame on you!

Find another dealer.

Are you Canadian? A couple of months ago we were on a Alaskan cruise. One couple at our table were from Ontario (I think that was it) and had recently started a business bringing used bikes in from the US. He was telling me about the certification process the Canadian government makes them go thru on every bike from the US to ensure that the bike meets all Canadian legal and safety laws/regulations. I seem to remember that he said it cost him four to five hundred dollars to submit to get that certification.

Hi all.

Wow....a lot of responses on this thread!!

I'm the original poster.

Jack Klarich: You used a couple of acronyms that I'm not familiar with: "MOCO" and "PDI"; what do they stand for? But yes, double-dipping indeed! That's exactly what I thought it was.

TripleJ: Even though the bike is previously owned (it's a 2011), it's still under manufacturer warranty until October of 2012. And I've never heard of a "UVC fee" before either. When I Googled it, nothing really came back on it, except......links leading back to the posts that I put up! Go figure!!! I think this Harley dealer (under the umbrella corporation of "RideNow") invented this faux fee.

deucedog: No, I'm not Canadian. The Harley dealer I'm referring to is in Peoria, Arizona.

And more bad news:

I know I shouldn't have, but, even though I questioned them on this "UVC fee".........I went ahead and signed the bill-of-sale/ contract. And here's another crazy thing:

This particular dealership does not allow test rides of their motorcycles. So, after signing (even though this UVC fee was leaving a sour taste in my mouth), I asked them, What if I ride the bike and decide it's "not for me"? They said I have 15 days or 500 miles to decide. If I don't like it, bring it back, they tear up the contract, and I owe them nothing.

I didn't wait 15 days; I was back within a week. This UVC fee was really bothering me. The bike itself appears to be a quality machine, but I was willing to bring it back based on this "fee".

And ohhh.....it just gets better.

The dealership now "claims" they never said that, the thing about "15 days or 500 miles". Those numbers are in the contract, but it has to do with a "Used Vehicle Implied Warranty of Merchantability". My wife was with me at the original signing, and even she said she heard we had 15 days.

NOW what the dealership "claims" they said was that I had "15 minutes or 15 miles" to decide (in lieu of a test ride). Kinda convenient, huh, that they use the number "15". They say they call this a "courtesy ride" (but only given after signing the contract since they don't allow test rides).

I even remember remarking out loud during the signing that 15 days or 500 miles was more than enough to decide. So, if I had misconstrued that, I should have been corrected right-then-and-there. I then consider this a predatory move by the dealership, more interested in making that quick buck rather than keeping a customer.

The sad thing is......I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years; they've been mostly Japanese bikes and one Italian (Ducati). This is my first American-made bike, this Harley. And this Harley will be my last. This dealership has seen to that because of my very unpleasant experience with them.

There was even something further with them unrelated to this UVC fee; they held onto my permanent license plate and tags for a month and never contacted me to tell me they were in (they were supposed to call when they came in. I contacted the Arizona Department of Transportation to confirm when the plate/ tags were processed). And I paid a fee for this too on the contract!

UVC fee? Fake. Yes, I was foolish for signing, but they shouldn't have used the number "15" when talking about this "courtesy ride" since they don't allow test rides. During the high stress time of making a major purchase and all of the paperwork it entails, this number "15" shouldn't have been used.

15 days or 500 miles? 15 miles or 15 minutes? Give me a break. Like I said above, I remarked on it out loud during the signing; they should have corrected the misconception.

They have lost a customer big-time. No more business from me; no purchases for future bikes, accessories, clothing, parts, maintenance/ service, customization.

It's too bad that this dealer has soured me on my very first Harley experience....but they were the ones I dealt with, they were the ones who represented the company. :(

Pez

Jack Klarich: You used a couple of acronyms that I'm not familiar with: "MOCO" and "PDI"; what do they stand for? But yes, double-dipping indeed! That's exactly what I thought it was.
MOCO is The Motor Company Harley Davidson PDI is Pre Delivery Inspection All bikes are suppose to get this ( SUPPOSE TO) being the key phrase here:s

Welcome to the world of Harley and it's dealers.:D

MOCO = motor company or HD

PDI is the inspection done at delivery or more so a set up.

The lesson learned here is a valuable one in that you shouldn't take the word of a salesman without putting it in writing.:s

You need to have a talk with the DMV especially relating to them holding your license. Then if bike is financed call the loan department and seek advice from them in regards to paying for something you did not get and that the dealer is now saying is not true. And if all else fails contact local news channel that has a consumer reporter and ask for them to help. I am sure this dealer does not want to be on T.V. And you could always file a claim at the local magistrate office and contact Better Business Bureau.
This poor handling of your situation is in not in true representation of Harley Davidson Motor Company and just a thief of a dealer. It may be difficult but would not recommend disowning Harley. It is the finest machine I have ever owned in 25 years of riding numerous brands and types of bikes. I purchased mine in 2008 and would never look back...

Welcome to the world of Harley and it's dealers.:D

MOCO = motor company or HD

PDI is the inspection done at delivery or more so a set up.

The lesson learned here is a valuable one in that you shouldn't take the word of a salesman without putting it in writing.:s

HA HA look at the time line, you still got it BOSS:p

This particular dealership does not allow test rides of their motorcycles. So, after signing (even though this UVC fee was leaving a sour taste in my mouth), I asked them, What if I ride the bike and decide it's "not for me"? They said I have 15 days or 500 miles to decide. If I don't like it, bring it back, they tear up the contract, and I owe them nothing.
WHAT? Do you have a bill of sale with that in writing? No test rides? I have NEVER heard of a dealer operating like this. I would call the Motor Company and complain, I would not hold them responsible for such a horror story tho they should come down hard on the owner of the Franchise JMO

Back