free website stats program USA Oil Filters | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

USA Oil Filters

Well, Yesterday I rode to the Tacoma Destination HD shop and bought 3 oil filters.. One for my 09 FLHR , Short by a few pennies of 20$ and 2 filters (dyna) long chrome ones to fit My sportster and My gas drive Miller.

I really believe there is Too High a mark-up on "these" oil filters and I plan to Give Up on HD's Brand and try another brand..There are Other good filters and I will start to purchase them over the internet at a Lower price and get the same OR BETTER quality from them..

I Used to say HD ONLY,,, but Bud White is Right,,, BUILT by the LOWEST BIDDER......

The Normal "I don't know" and "harley doesn't tell us ANYMORE" were the "NORMAL" response from the parts guy and NO information ON how many microns they REALLY filter out..

I have used 30 microns(long dyna) in the old days on my 2000 FXDS,, JUST for the added oil capacity and the longer filter made it easier to change...

I DID check my Sprayers for the pistons When I rebuilt the total engine at about 54,000 miles.... They were open and clean AND YES, they are a VERY very small opening..

Having NO problems with the 30 micron filters, I would NOT be afraid to use them again in the newer 96" motor.. NOT SUGGESTING anybody ELSE do it BUT I MIGHT...

Best BUY at the dealier were spark plugs,,, Stock ones for under 5$ each..
High but NOT as High as the SE wich I don't use.(.) Replacing mine in the 09 when I do the 20,000 mile STUFF..19,200 on the odometer..

And being WARMER/sunny skys again today, a hundred more miles is in order..:small3d026:

signed....BUBBIE

I DID check my Sprayers for the pistons When I rebuilt the total engine at about 54,000 miles.... They were open and clean AND YES, they are a VERY very small opening..

Having NO problems with the 30 micron filters, I would NOT be afraid to use them again in the newer 96" motor.. NOT SUGGESTING anybody ELSE do it BUT I MIGHT...

Best BUY at the dealier were spark plugs,,, Stock ones for under 5$ each..
High but NOT as High as the SE wich I don't use.(.) Replacing mine in the 09 when I do the 20,000 mile STUFF..19,200 on the odometer..

And being WARMER/sunny skys again today, a hundred more miles is in order..:small3d026:

signed....BUBBIE

now your making me jeolous, you have sunny skies? they always said it was rainy over there, here in eastern wa too cold too much ice everywhere, you lucky dog, i can't wait for it to get warm here too. log a hundred for me too my freind.
is that a twin cam? i always wondered if anyone if anyone had a visual of the sprayers after runnin' 30 micron filters. it's good to know that bit of info, also wondering if the relief valve in the filter is more in control of the pressure to the sprayers, anyone here know?

The misters are timed with the lifters. When lifter gets to a certain point, it opens a groove or oil slot that allows oil to the oil misters as piston is on its down stroke.
wilks3

I just purchased a K & P S4C filter assembly off of e-bay. If the snow ever melts and the salt washes off of the roads I will let you know how it works.
I did a lot of research on this filter and am not worried about running it on my bike.

Tom:D

I have the K&P filter on my 2008 Ultra (103" stage 4 upgrade) and love it. It has been on for about 8K miles and is not difficult to clean. Additionally, I am friends with two Indy HD mechanics that use them exclusively and two HD dealer technicians that swear by them which is good enough for me.

As far as time consuming to clean, I am never in a hurry when I am servicing my ride!!!

Would purchase again.

Roger

is that a twin cam? i always wondered if anyone if anyone had a visual of the sprayers after runnin' 30 micron filters. it's good to know that bit of info,

I used 10 and 30 micron on my OLD 2000 FXDS, 10 is what they First came out with on the Early year TC's. And YES the sprayers were clean when I rebuilt that motor..

Thinking the filter for the Newer TC's are Noticeably Different, and noticeable Different Looking at the top inside end, and is More recessed differently for the sporty..
Using the TC oil filter on the sportster will NOT work and Damage to the sporty engine WILL result..

I'll probably go with a KnN or Other good brand names for the 96" 09 FLHR.... Anybody; suggestions would be Good.

Thinking to make sure it IS the right filter for the TC's Year and I should be Okay.

signed....BUBBIE

I used 10 and 30 micron on my OLD 2000 FXDS, 10 is what they First came out with on the Early year TC's. And YES the sprayers were clean when I rebuilt that motor..

Thinking the filter for the Newer TC's are Noticeably Different, and noticeable Different Looking at the top inside end, and is More recessed differently for the sporty..
Using the TC oil filter on the sportster will NOT work and Damage to the sporty engine WILL result..

I'll probably go with a KnN or Other good brand names for the 96" 09 FLHR.... Anybody; suggestions would be Good.

Thinking to make sure it IS the right filter for the TC's Year and I should be Okay.

signed....BUBBIE

I think K N would be a good choice, they have a nut on the end for easy removal:s

Back