free website stats program Upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade

Rick

In all fairness here, the SERT is a very good piece of equipment BUT you need someone that is good at the dyno to set it up properly for your application or it is not utilized to it's fullest capacity. This is where the TM excels as long as you start with the proper map.

The main draw back with the TM is if you have a break down on the road , the dealer will not touch the bike with the TM installed, this is something that most people using the TM aren't aware of until it is too late.

I agree with Glider but would also add that while I use a SERT due to a heavily modified engine what most here are talking about ( A/C and slip-ons or whole pipe systems) the SERT is really over kill. There are much more reasonably priced units out there that will work fine for a simple "Stage 1" conversion. So unless your adding high compression pistons, high flowing heads, and increased lift and duration cams the other units can save you some cash and still give you the performance boost your looking for.

I've had the pcIII SE stage one, Vh two into one pro pipe done this winter
and saving my chips for next winter for the103, gear drive cams abd crank work done. This is what my dealer came up with. Unless I was going to get wild and had the money it was his recomendnations. But I have to ask flash where did you get the Have gun eill travel busness card real nice.

I have the T-max and love it. My bike runs better than ever. I will also add that they have an INCREDIBLE customer service area. They are very knowledgable about their product and have no problems walking you through things. They make a solid unit. I had alittle bit of a popping on decel problem and they walked me through it without acting like I was bothering them or giving me that rushed feeling. They also emailed me Software, links and word docs without me asking to make sure I understood what we had gone over. I don't doubt the other tuners are good, but my personal experience with Zippers Performance was great. :bananapowerslide:

I think the TMax in time will be the unit of choice considering the availability of a good tuner at a dealer. I'm still a bit reserved until they have been around a bit longer.

Back