free website stats program Upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade

Johan

Hi everyone; Thanks for the oppertunety to take part.
I would like to improve the performance(as much as possible): of my FLHRSE 2008 by adding a HD Race Tuner & Vance & Hines Ovals !
Any comments will be appreciated:bigsmiley11:

I would like to improve the performance(as much as possible): of my FLHRSE 2008 by adding a HD Race Tuner & Vance & Hines Ovals !

The tuner is a great piece of equipment but a bit expensive and requires dyno pulls to set up the custom map that come at a healthy price too. I run the TFI on mine and it runs very well. The V&H ovals are a good choice and have a nice bark to them.

The guys I ride with have the V&H with the TFI also that I set up for them and they all like the way they run. Set up is easy, no dyno runs and the price is half what the SERT will cost. The difference in performance is minimal.

http://www.techlusion.com/

Does anyone know all the ins and outs of the Thundermax with auto tune. It is quite expensive, but with the auto tune feature it looks to save money in the long run.

I'm thinking of using the Wide band closed loop ThunderMax with auto tune and an external oil cooler on a 2007 FLHX to cure hot cylinder temps and to improve throttle response. I've not made up my mind yet about True Duals, and V&H Ovals or other Mufflers at this point.

With the ThunderMax I can change it as often as I change my mufflers without going to the shop at a good clip to the pocket.

Let me know all the information you may have.

:bigsmiley28:

I have one installed on my 07 fxst, but haven't gotton to use it yet. It just keeps snowing and snowing and snowing!!!!!!! I'll keep a post up about the results, I asked a salesman I know at the dealer if he know's anyone that has one and he said he's got a couple of buddies runnin' 'em and their bikes run top notch.
I got mine one ebay brand new for $680 from eastern performance cycle. I think they're locate in MD. they have it listed for $860 with the buy it now price. I offed $660 they came down to $720 then I offered $680 and they said SOLD!!
I bought two sets of pipes and that from these guys and never had a problem, but use paypal. it'll protect your purchase if you don't know the seller.

oh yeah don't tell your local wrench where you got it if you want him to install it. but it's a pretty simple insall, took me about 1 hour. the touring bikes look to take a little longer though

Thanks Glider
Anything else you will recomend I do,besides the RaceTune and V&H Ovals, on the FLHRSE4 to improve performance and running?

Johan

Just check over the intake. On the SE models, most have a low restriction setup with the better filter and a free breathing housing from the factory but the MOCO changes things so much you may have just a regular intake setup and could use a bit more air going to the stage 1 intake setup.

Don't waste your time or money on the HD Race Tuner. I had one on my 06 Heritage and they could never get it right. Plus if you sell the bike or the ECM goes bad, you are out the Race Tuner because you cannot use it twice. I put the Thundermax om my 07 Street Glide. Runs fantastic, tons of torque and power, outstanding throttle response. Big plus, the HD mechanic where I bought it accused me of trying to put him out of business.

Rick

In all fairness here, the SERT is a very good piece of equipment BUT you need someone that is good at the dyno to set it up properly for your application or it is not utilized to it's fullest capacity. This is where the TM excels as long as you start with the proper map.

The main draw back with the TM is if you have a break down on the road , the dealer will not touch the bike with the TM installed, this is something that most people using the TM aren't aware of until it is too late.

Rick

In all fairness here, the SERT is a very good piece of equipment BUT you need someone that is good at the dyno to set it up properly for your application or it is not utilized to it's fullest capacity. This is where the TM excels as long as you start with the proper map.

The main draw back with the TM is if you have a break down on the road , the dealer will not touch the bike with the TM installed, this is something that most people using the TM aren't aware of until it is too late.

Glider -- Any idea why the dealer is "leary" with the TM ?

Back