free website stats program Upgrade Options | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade Options

FXD2003Rider,
Thank you for your service to our great country and doing that research. Is that 32 degrees in the frame only? If so that would mean there is 0 degrees in the trees. Is 24 1/2 inch tubes the standard or is that +2 from stock? Thanks again for your help.

Shane

I second the thanks to you for your service. My neighbor and good friend's oldest boy is currently in Afganistan, coming home in March. His youngest son just got out and his step son is in 29 Palms. All good boys. Best suggestion I can give is to read the specs on the cams you are considering and specifically the rpm ranges they improve on. Choose a cam that will improve the performance in the area ( rpm's ) that you ride most often. No sense getting a cam for high rpm if thats not the type of riding you do. Good luck.

FXD2003Rider,
Thank you for your service to our great country and doing that research. Is that 32 degrees in the frame only? If so that would mean there is 0 degrees in the trees. Is 24 1/2 inch tubes the standard or is that +2 from stock? Thanks again for your help.

Shane

The rake is in the frame and not in the trees.

24 1/2 inch is stock lenght for FXDWG; it's +2 over stock FXD tubes.

Like many on here I really don't have an answer to your questions but wanted to thank you for your service. I am also a veteran myself and served 2 tours in Iraq so I have an idea of what you are going through. Good luck with your upgrade plans and stay safe.

Riders, I am currently deployed to Afghanistan for a year and well I have about 9 months left. Bust since I have been out here and have the extra pay coming in, my mind has been going crazy on the upgrades for my '01 Dyna Wide Glide. This might be kind of long because I have a couple questions.

My first is I want to go with a inverted front end and have heard that there is a 3 degree rake in the trees and +2 on the forks, is this a true statement? I am looking at purchasing the DNA inverted frontend, but want to make sure I get the right measurements.

Second, I also want to upgrade the cams and possibly bump it up to a 95 inch kit. But the cams are first I know there is a package to upgrade to the newer style cam chain tensioner or I can convert to gears. Which is the better option to go with or the major differences? Also what is the best size of cam to go with for an upgrade in all three ranges of power?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to order these items while I am out here so that when I get home everything is sitting in my garage.

Semper Fi,
Thanks,

Shane
Hey shane us army DUST OFF here at camp lawton marine base in RC west. o6 wg havent gone in to the motor yet but soon are you at Baston happy new year brother. take care out of here in april.

Back